1. The Search For Magiq: The 30 Day Spell

Hey Mounties! Sorry to bother, but by chance were you the ones who put up a 30 Day Spell thing that was on Instagram earlier in the week? I still know some friendly ghosts in the Low who refuse to cut ties with me (for now) and they assumed it was you posting it because of the #searchformagiq hashtag. So they reached out to me to ask you. Haaaaaa, am totally Mounty now.

There are Low sites that funnel in all kinds of things from the internet that seem to have any connection to stuff that’s Low-related. Like, millions of things a week… I think the “q” in magiq set off an alert. Was just curious what you were up to, a community thing or what, because it’s gone now.

21 Likes

Anyone know anything about this? I was swamped with work this week and on the Instas less than usual, so I must’ve missed it. I’m supremely curious now though… :eyes:

15 Likes

I havent seen it, but that may be due to my lack of instagram experience. Checking now!

9 Likes

I checked the tag, and it’s empty. And nothing seems amiss on the AG account…

Edit: I also checked with dashes and underscores between the words and nothing there either

12 Likes

Yeah, it’s gone now. That’s why I thought it was weird. I have the pic. Hang on, will post…

12 Likes

Screenshots and skepticism are definitely Mountie traits :deirdreexcited:

15 Likes

18 Likes

I reached out to see if there was a caption. Waiting to hear back, should only be a minute.

11 Likes

So…it looks a bit to me like the Mountie Photo Challenge from last year? Like, maybe doing each of the things and posting to Instagram casts a spell?

On the one hand…rational brain says we should maybe learn more before we do anything…on the other hand…do it for the 'gram amiright??? (jk jk we should definitely investigate)

15 Likes

So no caption on IG, but apparently this was shared in a few places online. FB, Twitter, a couple blogs, etc. then they all went down. It’s def some kind of spell but I don’t think it has to be cast on Instagram. Chatting now, 1 sec…

15 Likes

Oh man, this is spooky. Okay. So there was one caption from FB that was posted then deleted, but a bot caught it and cached it.

The post with the image read:

Please, my friend needs help. Her daughter disappeared and left this picture in a text message that said “Capture every moment in a month of 30 days, in word or ink or images, a myriad of ways. Doesn’t matter where you put them, only matters that they’re caught. If you want to learn where magiq is then this is how you’re taught.” Does anyone know what this means?

17 Likes

So definitely not the Mountaineers.

9 Likes

Well that’s…unnerving and mildly creepifying. Is someone else recruiting for magiq that we should know about, because that doesn’t sound super Mountie to me…

12 Likes

Yeah.
If daughter actually left message and then disappeared, then = Mysterious and intriguing + worry.
If someone else left message and daughter disappeared, then = Unnerving and scary + worry.

13 Likes

But also “learn where magiq is…” is kind of yay? Am very confused.

15 Likes

Is this a “Mounties, time to lace up our hiking boots” kind of moment, or am I overreacting cause I’m intrigued?

13 Likes

Personally, it seems to me that if the posts are gone and this was all your contacts were able to get…we’re gonna have to do something if we want to know more…so it seems to me like hiking boots and tinfoil hats time…

Edit: that caption says it doesn’t matter where we put what we capture…if the forum is still protected, maybe keeping posts here instead of IG is a good idea…just in case this was a non-voluntary disappearing…

14 Likes

And it’s probably not a coincidence that this shows up just before a 30 day month.

I already have some friendlies digging to see if they can pull up anything else. Might take some time because everyone is jittery about getting booted from the Low right now.

15 Likes

You know, I have a bunch of searches set up when things are posted online about “magiq”. I’ve had alerts for “#searchformagiq” pop up a few times over the past year and by the time I check them they’re always gone.

15 Likes

I’m not sure how you would capture a lot of them as they’re very conceptual but I’m sure some of our wonderful writers and artists will be able to!

12 Likes