Winter Gift Exchange

I believe @Revenir used a site that would randomly create pairs, if that works for you @Skylad? That way it’s super-objective and random?

10 Likes

Here is the site if you’d like to use it: Random Group Creator

I’d suggest just inputting names into it and then use that to send mailing info and stuff.

8 Likes

I was just thinking, maybe @Skylad should just pick and choose because you wouldn’t necessarily want everyone paired, right? You might give to someone who gives to someone else? Sorry, I’m butting in and just making things confusing.

10 Likes

The gift exchanges my running club(s) do use a site called Elfster. Not sure how the set up end of it works, but I don’t think anyone has ever gifted to the person gifting to them (if that’s a route we wanted to take).

7 Likes

This site?. Seems pretty straightforward to use.

8 Likes

Yep, that’s the one! I’ve participated in 3 or 4 (?) myself.

Edit: I just checked, I’ve done 6 :deirdrexd:

8 Likes

KAh awesome thanks guys :grin::grin: saves me having to hunt one down :grin:
I’ll probably use a randomiser but then tweak it a bit so that there’s no pairs or trios sending gifts between themselves

10 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to the forum @manji and for facilitating @Skylad!
It would be great if we had some dates for this like when you can join and when the packages need to go out maybe?

10 Likes

How about everyone get the addresses to me before the 24th??? Then I can have them assigned by the 25th and that gives everyone a month before Xmas??

9 Likes

So one thing to note - mail gets real bad here the closer you get to the 25th. This is from last year, but you can see how early some of the dates are. It may be good to keep that in mind if folks are wanting their gifts to arrive before the end of December.

6 Likes

Oh good point… I’ll let you guys decide the dates, just inbox me the addresses :grin::grin:

8 Likes

@Revenir I think the opposite issue is that not everyone checks the forums as often as say, the discord, so might miss the signups. Also, personally, I don’t care so much if a gift is here by Christmas, (I don’t celebrate it, but) I’d be happy to get and give a Mountie gift any time.

Also, my phone auto capitalizes Mountie. :joy:

7 Likes

I mean it’s more of a mailout deadline thing than a sign up thing. For folks who are Christmas-minded, it’s good to know about mailing deadlines. For folks in general, it’s good to consider mail delays and holiday closings in mailouts. The postal service gets real wacky in December because so many people are mailing things.

I guess this is my long winded way of asking what day y’all had in mind for the mailout?

7 Likes

I mean, while I said I’d like to know sonner rather than later, that’s more cause we have a really cool xmas market in town atm with lots of small buisness stalls and cool handcrafted stuffs. I’m cool with whatever mailout date (cause I know it’s gonna get stuck in the mail no matter when I send it, lol :smile: )

7 Likes

So, definitely ship by the 14th. Sign up by…the 25th? The 30th? Any thoughts on two weeks vs 3?

5 Likes

Ok so just cause we’re sorting out issues with my inbox I’m just gonna keep editing this post with everyone who’s address I’ve collected (if you’ve sent yours but you name doesn’t appear please send again or let me know via discord)
:white_check_mark: @Ashburn
:white_check_mark: @Revenir
:white_check_mark: @Nimueh
:white_check_mark: @Cj_Heighton
:white_check_mark: @Tinker
:white_check_mark: @manji
:white_check_mark: @Ginger
:white_check_mark: @grimangel53
:white_check_mark: @Sellalellen
:white_check_mark: @Ravenwing
:white_check_mark: @annabloem
:white_check_mark: AGP

12 Likes

We just pushed an update though that may have fixed the issue!

9 Likes

Ooooh it’s fixed :heart_eyes: I checked this morning and I was getting the same thing (it gets magiqed over to my emails so I wasn’t too worried but thankyou :grin::grin:)

7 Likes

omg, did you liek get 20 PMs from me or something? cause they all told me they didn’t send, lol

8 Likes

@Ginger @Tinker @Ravenwing - Y’all still interested?

7 Likes