What's Your Signature Item or Accessory?

I only wear silver. I thought I was the only one who restricted myself to one metal, but I know what looks good on me, and gold and copper aren’t it.

11 Likes

I’m with you on the silver. I’ll wear white gold if I can afford it. But yellow gold makes me look jaundiced as well, and I just don’t care for rose gold.

8 Likes

One good thing about my pickiness though, is that my Mum and one of my sisters are similarly picky, but we each favour a different metal. When a neighbor goes “Here’s a handful of necklaces I don’t wear, you can have them.”, we don’t have to fight over who gets what. Silver/white gold is mine, gold/rose gold is my sister, and Mum gets the copper and bronze. We just distribute them according to our colours and that is that.

17 Likes

I absolutely love rose gold! My mom finds it hilarious, considering I was so anti-pink as a child, but I’ve started collecting cheap rose gold jewelry (that I tend to lose very, very quickly).

I tend to mix metals, which is why today I’m wearing silver, gold, and rose gold. My favourite is probably silver.

13 Likes

I actually have a couple, but I never thought of any of them as a “Signature Item/Accesory” and the fact that they are referenced that way here makes them feel, well, kind of cool. I use to be a magician and I also do a lot of hiking/camping/general “I’m probably gonna get wet from rain/ocean” so water proof/resistant items always were drawn to me, esspecially if I had a magic routine based around it. So… with that said… I always carry:

A magic coin
A talisman
A tungsten carbide ring
A leather wrist band
And a water proof hybrid watch and scapular… both of which I almost never remove.

Tbh, my wardrobe is very monotonous, with some sort of pants, button up with an A-shirt underneath, a leather belt and leather boots and I like it that way.

I use to carry a deck of cards with me, but on multiple occasions were reminded of their lack of waterproofing. @Shadow, I love cardistry, but while I could do some routines with cards, my tiny hands would make things difficult. Glad to see a fellow card-slinger~♧

11 Likes

Always a pleasant surprise to see another spellmonger.

A little follow up to my signature items, I used magiq a while back by accident and a vending machine I was using gave me a gold coing back as change. I took that as a sign to try my hand at coing magic (with mixed success). Tldr I now carry that coin with me along with my cards everywhere I go.

I also learned the hard way that’s cards don’t mix well with water (or rather mix too well), but I’ve had a stainless steel clip I keep the ones I carry with me in so that helps somewhat.

10 Likes

Someday, this one

11 Likes

If I had a signature item right now it would have to be my Apple watch. I wear it all the time and use it to constantly check things like the weather or my texts if I can’t take my phone out.
Other than that I used to have a necklace with a blue glass orb that was held in a gryphons talon. Too bad I have no clue where it has gone. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I have a handful of items which have disappeared; my first tarot deck (except for the High Priestess card which I now use as a book mark in my tarot journals), a couple of gemstone bracelets, a fairy emblem necklace. I tend to take it as a sign I didn’t need it anymore, or that someone else needed it more and the items found their way to where they belong. It’s always odd when I finally recognize they’ve moved on, though.

11 Likes

Well…I think I’ve fallen into having a signature accessory of sorts…orthopedic slippers! I’ve been having foot pain for…a year and a half??? So for my birthday 2-ish weeks ago, my parents got me these slippers. I’m very pro-barefoot at home, but I wear these all the time now.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about the pain but I’m glad to hear the slippers help out! It’s always good to find an accessory that works for you! :cherry_blossom:

9 Likes

I need to replace/remake my necklace. I used to wear one all the time but it broke. It had a snowflake charm (because I love the cold and winter and blue…and heat literally does not play nice with me, a feather charm because my fylgjya(from Norse tradition part of the soul/guardian) is an osprey, and I had a main pendant with three runes I chose to represent my fylgjya on it.

Other than that when I can I like to wear a tshirt/simple shirt and cargo pants with practical boots and I don’t like going places without my backpack with things to do/comfort items.

11 Likes

My current signature piece is a necklace that has a stone that is supposed to be good for stress relief. Not sure if it really works but it’s a good reminder to take a deep breath every once in a while, plus it’s a perfect accent piece to everythint I wear.

13 Likes

Ive collected bandanas since high school. I own something like 22 bandanas in virtually every color and pattern under the sun, which I wear around my neck or as a headband almost daily. And except for mid summer, I’m always wearing boots. Combat boots, heeled boots, casual booties, knee high boots. Now that I think about it, it’s quite pirate like… evidence to my being in the right guild I suppose! :pirate_flag: :sailboat:

12 Likes

@Osprey that necklace sounds so nice, it’s a shame to hear it’s broken! I hope you can fix it up nice! And nice practical clothes and a backpack are always good ideas! :blossom:

@Electra that sounds like the perfect necklace for you then! If it helps to remind you to breathe and take a moment, then it’s doing it’s job just fine, I’d say! And it’s always good to find something that accents your clothing nicely! :blossom:

@Louisa ohhh, bandanas are very cool! I have a large head (it’s not even that large, I’m just a tall person so I’d look odd with a small head) so bandanas are hard to find that fit me properly, but I really love the look of them. It really is that pirate aesthetic! Good, I love the pirate look, I did a lot of research on pirate clothing for a project a while back and I love it even more now :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

@SabineBean I might be able to once I get some new supplies. I’m in a weird living situation at the moment due to my partner needing to recover from surgery and their mom (they couldn’t work with the back issue) wants me to stay while I go to school but there isn’t really room for my stuff.

I think when I remake it I want to see about making the Angu part (combination of Ansuz, communication/wisdom; Ingwaz, seed/potential; and Uruz, strength, overcoming trials) out of clay and update some of the design of the necklace cord style.

11 Likes

That’s a fun question :slight_smile:
I wear pretty much the same clothes a lot - if it’s a work day, I’m usually wearing my one pair of skinny jeans and a plan v-neck tee. If it’s a weekend, usually shorts and one of the million T-shirts I own.
And I’m pretty much always wearing my floral Vans and my glasses (I finally found a pair I like so much that I just about stopped wearing contacts altogether) so I guess those are my most signature items :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Ooh! That sounds like a sweet outfit! Simple but comfortable! Also, floral converse sounds really cute! Glasses are an important part of an outfit too, it’s good to be able to see! :blossom:

10 Likes

I don’t know if being able to see is always a good thing, sometimes its more comedic to scream that everything is blurry and run around like a chicken with it’s head cut off…

13 Likes

Good point! But as lovely as comedy is, being unable to see is impractical at best haha! For the most part, it’d be better to always have glasses than to never have them, if glasses are something you need! :blossom:

8 Likes