Werk Werk Werk Werk Werk: Professional Stuff

I just remembered studying Aerospace engineering for a week or so to make a theoretical working space engine for a writing I was working on at the time.

I ended up dumping the writing as my writing skills greatly developed in the middle and I’m way too ocd to have a shift like that in the middle.

4 Likes

That’s so awesome!! My dream is to work in a space industry! You’re job sounds so cool!

6 Likes

Are there any self employed Mounties around that’d be able to give some advice on starting and running your own business?

2 Likes

Back to work tomorrow after a lovely long weekend :slight_smile: I’m an assistant psychologist on an older adults inpatient ward but will soon be moving as my contract is up- got my new job on Friday! :relaxed: anyone else feel really jittery before going back to work after a break? I’m not readddddyyyyy!

6 Likes

I absolutely feel nervous. Havent exercised my singing voice in a week! Its awful!

4 Likes

I must have missed one of your posts above but you sing?! In what context! What a great skill to have! :relaxed:

3 Likes

It’s been too humid and rainy for me to pull the guitar out. I hate it.

3 Likes

Both @Cj_Heighton and I are buskers. Although he’s been at it much longer than I have.

4 Likes

Yep! Im a street busker. 3 years now, right around. Play acoustic and sing.

5 Likes

What an awesome job! :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s a lot of fun for someone who likes preforming, but it’s heavily in dependant on the weather. I’m itching to go out and play but this rain won’t stop!

3 Likes

Maybe if you get your name in with some local farmers markets you’ll have an indoor gig opportunity? Those are really popular for buskers around my area.

4 Likes

Mhh. The issue with markets where im from is that they’re on closed down streets. Zero indoor market opportunities till october-december, and those are tight and crowded.

3 Likes

The local farmers market is indoors, but it doesn’t open until July.

3 Likes

Speaking of opportunities, i have a canada day gig! Just got the email, 25 dollar memoriandum payment, plus tips, in the middle of the busiest part of the city during the festivities! It’ll be awesome!

5 Likes

Start two new jobs this week, soon to be three!
I will be working at a gym as a nanny for lil ones, and helping an elderly man with Parkinson’s. In a few weeks as well I will be opening my first stall at a local market for folk remedies, salves, and charms.

13 Likes

@Cj_Heighton @metatomato @Sellalellen
I’m a little jealous of all 3 of you for your bravery to perform music! I’ve played Trombone for a little over 13 years now and I’ve never found it to be a good solo instrument, though I’ve always loved it. I’m currently playing in my local community band so I’m at the very least getting some playtime in that way!

6 Likes

As far as my day job, I’ve worked in a grocery store for 5 years and have recently secured a spot in management. Never where I thought I’d find myself, but the company has been surprisingly beneficial for me

7 Likes

I feel you. I would never be able to start a solo performance on sax, although I have been considering placing an investment on a looper and some distortion pedals to change my sound a bit and give more creative freedom.

6 Likes

What I do for a paycheck : Currently Active Duty USN. I work with computers, mostly. And RADAR, a little.

What I do for me : Game design student, with goals of designing my own games, and/or working on the AAA titles I already enjoy.

5 Likes