Walk in the Sand with Ebenguard

I’m an introverted social butterfly is how I describe it! I can walk up and talk to anyone and have a conversation, but I need to go home and be alone for a bit after hours of socializing.

6 Likes

That is exactly how I am. Sometimes I love being around people and then other times I just want to be alone. Being around people can be really mentally exhausting sometimes! It also depends on the situation with me as well some people think I’m really confident at first and then they realise I’m just really awkward and anxious. Often I come across as shy though

5 Likes

I love that description :heart:

4 Likes

Anyone got any relaxation tips for the night before an exam? I’ve got my last exam tomorrow and I’m so nervous. It feels like there’s just too much content and too little time!

2 Likes

Depends on your situation. If you’ve been studying for your exam relatively consistently over the past couple of weeks, and made good marks on previous tests, then despite what your nerves tell you, you’re probably way more prepared than what your brain is letting you in on. I apply the same concept to perfectionism as well, if I’m worried about my grade dropping below a 3.8 I usually try my best and remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, I’m doing well. That 3.5 isn’t going to hurt anybody.

Also I should probably add that study breaks are insanely important. Coming from a seriously ADD individual, eventually we as people will run into a wall where we can’t push our brains anymore, and we need to distance ourselves and focus on something else. It’s your last final; you’ve been burning the midnight oil for probably a week straight or longer trying to make sure everything’s perfect. In a perfect world, personal time would come after the work is done, but in order to perform your best tomorrow a stress free brain is a clear brain, and stress free comes in the form of a favorite movie and some ice cream.

5 Likes

Thank you so much :green_heart: I really appreciate your reply it has made me feel a lot better! I really struggle with exams and also have concentration problems bc dyspraxia rather than ADD so revision is tough! Currently in bed watching YouTube to make me feel more relaxed!

7 Likes

I realized I haven’t posted on this thread yet! (I think I posted on one of the other threads though that was person related?)

It’s so wonderful seeing everybody love for things! I’m a hardcore Hufflepuff as well!!
I wish I could find time/people to get involved in more charity or giving type things but it’s extremely difficult with having two jobs and it seems barely just making it in the actual world haha.

I noticed a favorite soup question? I’m not quite sure I really have one. I enjoy a good homemade chicken noodle! Or really any good homemade soup these days. When I was a kid, italian wedding was definitely my favorite though. =)

Good luck on exams everybody!!! Study hard!!!

9 Likes

@Emerald_daydreamxo how did your exam go?

4 Likes

It wasn’t great I’m not gonna lie :joy: I’m just hoping I haven’t failed because it was 100% of one of the modules. I’m glad it’s over now and I’m free!! Thank you so much for asking! X

5 Likes

I feel at home by these shores…

Hi everyone I’m Callum, in this realm I’m a freelance antiques researcher from the East Midlands of England.

Im also a Buddhist disciple under two teachers i. Thailand :pray:t2:

Loving everyone here and the literature of Ackerly Green! Hope one day to be an active member.
Much love to all

9 Likes

I am also a Buddhist too! BUT I am also in between of spiritualism and mysticism. @Callum_Hutchings What do you do as an antique researcher if you don’t mind me asking? That sounds pretty cool! :star_struck:

7 Likes

My friend of mine whos also my business partner I’ll call Mr: Seven, me and him go around England looking for strange stuff people won’t know what it is on first glance, then i come in and delve into internet holes and book crevices for information on said item so we can then sell it to people who are into lesser talked about antiques like chinese political memorabilia, Occult items, vintage doctors/“Barbers” equipment and general macabre weirdness aha

9 Likes

Wow! It seems like what you do is really adventurous! I wish I can someday travel to England or any European countries to immerse myself in the historical and mystical places :joy:. Now I’m just super broke :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

We need mortal realm travel discs :sob:

4 Likes

Question of the week, what’s a hobby you’ve always wanted to pick up but never have?

5 Likes

This is a good question. I’m totally stumped thinking of something…

Immediately what comes to mind is drawing, I’ve picked it up but I wish I spent more time earlier on practicing it.

I’ll sit with the question though and see if there is something I’ve never picked up :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

There are several instruments I’ve wanted to learn…

5 Likes

Mine is cosplay. It always looked so fun but there’s so much stuff that goes into it that I’d be starting at the very bottom.

5 Likes

Ooooh that’s a good one! I Love the community that goes with it too. So neat!

3 Likes

Good question!

I’d have to say that aside from the desire to learn how to sword fight, I’ve always wanted to learn how to play piano!

6 Likes