The Welcome Super Topic

I’m literally half English and half Scottish. My mum’s people are from the North, like the old coal mining areas.

7 Likes

I’m up in the North East as well! My family goes back to an old Irish clan!

6 Likes

My dad’s side goes back to an old Scottish laird, but my mum’s side were all coal mining folk. I’m second generation Canadian myself. We’re quite new here.

7 Likes

Oh nice!!! What made your family decide to move to the cold wasteland? :wink:

6 Likes

Hahahahaha…My maternal grandmother survived the Blitz and married a soldier from Nova Scotia. That’s how my mum was born here, and how I ended up.

7 Likes

Oh wow I bet she has some amazing stories!

7 Likes

She did, my uncle has kept it all together in our family tree.

6 Likes

We’d best move this over to the General Discussion thread so we don’t clog this up for new members, once again welcome!

7 Likes

Hey, I’m working on reading The Monarch Papers (i love how it is written by the way). I myself love anything magic so obviously when i saw a post on Instagram about Maqiverse i jumped. I was sorted into Ebenguard guild. I RPG regularly, but never on a website or anything this big, so i am greatly intrigued.

It will be interesting catching up with everything, but i defiantly don’t mind, love to read

13 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @spirit_storm!!!

Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Deyavi! You may have already received a welcome message from one of them so you just to let you know you can PM them if you have any questions or check out the Q&A thread linked in the first post above!

You should definitely read through the first post as it’s very important and informative! CJs two books are a great place to catch up and we have a series of threads you can read through that discuss each chapter but they’re full of spoilers so read the books first!

What drew you to the Instagram post?

5 Likes

Welcome, @spirit_storm! Funny— I came to AG through the IG campaign as well, and I was also sorted into Ebenguard! I wonder how much else we have in common.

I gotta say (and this goes to everyone), I’m also super new to this community and have found it to be the most welcoming. Don’t be afraid to be your werido, rad self here. It seems like that’s… part of the magiq? WILD, I know. Wild. :wink:

9 Likes

That is certainly quite the coincidence! And I’m glad to hear that this is a welcoming community!

6 Likes

Hewwo, it is I, krediik, I have been introduced to this forum by a frendo (@Ignatius), and am very excite. (excuse my very silly language please)

7 Likes

Welcome! @krediik

I’ll skip a few of the formalities seeing as I know you irl except for when you get your guild to let me know and I’ll let you know your guild leader(s) I do hope you enjoy your time here though!

4 Likes

Welcome @krediik!!

3 Likes

Hi!
I’m Yasi. I stumbled upon AGP by accident through a FaceBook suggestion.
The very mysterious post hooked me and I was swiftly sorted into Balimora Guild.
By day I’m a writer and mother and by night an avid reader and gamer.
I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing or what this is all about, so any pointers are welcome. I’m going to take some time and catch up with the narrative and familiar with the forum.

8 Likes

Hey @Yasi, welcome to the forum! I also got pulled in through the Facebook ad.
The best way to get started with the story is by reading The Monarch Papers. The first book can be read for free on the Kindle app. Be sure to read the first post in this thread thoroughly for all the details on getting started here on the forum. There’s a Q&A topic linked in the first post, and you can also message me or one of your guild leaders @Nimueh and @Helios for help.
What about the Facebook ad particularly caught your attention?

4 Likes

Welcome @Yasi!!

5 Likes

It was all just very mysterious! Take this quiz, discover your Guild, oh and by the way magic is real… Ok it hooked me! Its a literary feat like nothing I could have imagined.

7 Likes

That’s exactly how I felt when I found it too.

5 Likes