The Welcome Super Topic

Hey there!

Though I only found this place a day ago, I am nearly 80% through Flora And Fauna and am thoroughly invested in both story and premise.
I am an artist-in-training, a creative at heart and I do love a good bit of magic (practicing a little in my free moments).
I have been placed into Ebenguard and I cant wait to meet them.
Lets dive in and see where this takes me!
xx

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @HeatherHearth! (And all the Ebbies that’ve joined us the last couple days, so many of you!)

I’m Ashburn, one of the Ebenguard guild leaders along with @Ginger.

I’d go into more, but I see one of our Wagoneers is going into the big spiel at the moment and don’t want to steal his thunder. :deirdrexd:

6 Likes

Welcome @HeatherHearth!

Please start by reading the first post and the Forum Primer!

Okay so now you’ve done that I can introduce you to your guild leaders @Ashburn and @Ginger!!

If you have any questions you can PM your leaders or any of the Wagoneers!! We also have a handy Q&A thread you can check out!

When your ready you can introduce yourself to your guild mates!

Some places you should check out here are Sketch and #the-creationary!

4 Likes

Welcome @Valeria @J-Montague @Weiryn and @HeatherHearth to the forum, and welcome @Cynthia and @Comet to Thornmouth!

So glad to have you all here!

4 Likes

Good evening. I’m LeftHand. According to the Spellbook I have an affinity for Gossmere. Honestly I couldn’t be happier. I’ve started reading the series and I absolutely love this concept.

Thank you for finding me through whatever synchronicity happened here.

12 Likes

Welcome @LeftHand! Glad you’re enjoying the books so far, they’re the best way to get caught up on the main events of the story and learn how magiq works.

Once you’ve read the forum primer and gotten the rules, feel free to explore the forum and take part in the many interesting discussions going on. Theres a Q&A for any further questions, a gaming topic, a currently reading topic, even a language learning topic. There’s sure to be something you can share your thoughts on.

You can also visit the Gossmere Campsite to get to know your new guildmates. Your guild leaders are @Augustus_Octavian and @OracleSage if you need anything, or feel free to message any of us @Wagoneers.

We’re very happy to have you in our community and hope you enjoy your time here!

4 Likes

Welcome @LeftHand!!!

3 Likes

Hiya! I’m TJ, going by OolongCorvid here by way of a pun. I found the site off the facebook ad and have read through enough of Flora and Fauna that I thought I’d poke my nose over into the forums.

I’m on a day off, which I usually spend baking, catching up on errands, and practicing a bit of harp.

The assessment gave me Balimora to start with, and I think it’s the guild I’m most drawn to. (Though I took it a couple more times today and it oscillated between Flinterforge and Weatherwatch.)

:rainbow: :rainbow::rainbow:

12 Likes

Welcome @OolongCorvid!!

Okay so now you’ve done that I can introduce you to your guild leaders @Nimueh and @Helios!!

If you have any questions you can PM your leaders or any of the Wagoneers!! We also have a handy Q&A thread you can check out!

You can talk about cooking here and your work here!

3 Likes

Same here! I just got kind of sucked in

6 Likes

Hi all! Crystal here, username Tributary. @OolongCorvid brought me along with them; I’m excited to be here! I’m pretty solidly Thornmouth, though I definitely don’t want to get too wrapped up in theory to put things into practice.

By day I’m a teacher, by night I learn everything I can and try to change my decisions to make a better world. Noteworthy acquired skills include communication, teaching, Spanish, more math than average, music theory/piano, and first aid. Current/impending projects include learning German, researching supply chains, basic hardware, sewing, and practicing gardening with houseplants. I’m happy to learn, teach, or practice almost anything; feel free to talk to me about your interests and hobbies!

I intend for my character to be a bit similar to me, since that’s how the sorting is set up.

9 Likes

Hi everyone!
I’m Eloise, I’m 19 and I’m a British performing arts, early childhood and social work student currently living in New Zealand.
I’m an Aries, and an ENFP/INFP (they’re interchangeable cause I’m ambiverted as hell).
Massive, massive Dungeons and Dragons nerd, I think I’m currently in something like 8 games simultaneously. Got sucked in off Facebook and have always believed in the magic of the world so of course I was immediately trapped.
I got sorted into Weatherwatch a few days ago, and I’ve started reading the Monarch Papers and had a wee peruse through the Spellbook as well.
Can’t wait to meet new likeminded people here as well as be absorbed into the Ackerly Green community!

13 Likes

how is everyone doing lately? Sorry, I got distracted with daily chores the past couple of days!

2 Likes

@Tributary, @baconjurer, and @Brittany welcome to the Ackerly Green forum!

@Tributary the Thornmouth Guild leader is @Sellalellen! There is a Thornmouth Guild Hall if you would like to introduce your self there! We have a language topic that you might enjoy! It also sounds like you might enjoy #the-creationary as that as all sorts of creative side of things that has music and gardening I believe. (If not here is a link to the gardening!)

@baconjurer the Weatherwatch Guild Leaders are @Skylad and @Remus! There is the Weatherwatch Guild Hall if you would like to meet your guildmates! It sounds like you would enjoy the personality types topic as well as the DND topic!

This goes for both of you when I say if you have any questions feel free to shoot me, another of the @Wagoneers, a guild leader a message! We also have a Q&A super topic designated for questions! I also would like to apologize that we didn’t welcome you right away! Normally we are better I promise!

@Brittany If you don’t mind head over to the general discussion topic and post that there so we don’t accidentally crowd the welcome topic.

4 Likes

Welcome @baconjurer and @Tributary!!!

2 Likes

Hi all!

I am a 22 year-old uni student in Australia.
I’m studying ICT-Art majoring in Games & Creative Technology and Electronic Media.

I love sci-fi and fantasy in any format. I also like to create crystals out of resin and ink.

So glad to find this awesome community :smile:

Cheers,
Eli

6 Likes

Welcome @Eon to the Ackerly Green Forum!!

Okay so now you’ve done that I can introduce you to your guild leaders @Nimueh and @Helios!!

You should also check out the fantasy book recommendation thread!

3 Likes

Thank you @Rimor!

3 Likes

Hello all, I am Tate and I hail from Texas. I was sorted into Thornmouth and I don’t think another guild could have fit me like a glove more so than that one. I am an intellectual and scientist constantly fascinated in learning what’s new and pondering what already exists. I am a computer science student and like to design and program robots, which in my opinion takes no small amount of mysticism and magics. I hope to find a place here with others fascinated by the world and what lies beyond.

Many thanks and cheers to the magicians in all of us, MagicBean

7 Likes

Welcome @OolongCorvid @baconjurer @Eon to the forum, and welcome @Tributary and @MagicBean to Thornmouth! So glad to have all of you here!

Make sure you read the first post of this thread and the forum primer for the rules for the forum and info on getting started. Once you’ve done that we have plenty of fun discussion topics to get you started talking to other Mountaineers.

The Thornmouth guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need anything. We also have a Q&A topic for any further questions.

You can also introduce yourself to your new Thornmouth guildmates and check out our guildhouse!

3 Likes