The Welcome Super Topic

Reading helps level you up, so you’ll be in there in no time. I’ll PM you so we can chat about CoT!

7 Likes

Yup, it’s just a matter of lurking on the forum for a little while. It helps make sure people get an idea of how the forum works before they start posting a lot.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Fam, Cyn! I just noticed the notifications about newbies, and haven’t really woken up enough yet to fully engage or read much, but I will shortly, and I’ll give y’all a proper welcome :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hello! My name is Rhiannon, but online I go by Rhino (which can be shortened to Rhi). I’m completely new to all of this. I stumbled upon a book on my phone while in school, and it led me to the discovery of everything that I have read today about today.

I went through the Guide, and I was told I was best suited for Thornmouth. Afterwards, I was taken on a new journey and found this server. I will say, I’m a rather shy person, and not good with starting conversations, but if its something that peeks my interest, like art and music, then I give full attention to the people talking.

I also limit myself from electronic usage (especially after a year in quarantine), but I get online as often as I can and when I remember to do so :sweat_smile:. Bare with me though, I’m good at heart, and I’m Told that I have a great voice of reasoning in difficult situations. Now I just have to catch myself up to speed with all the great things that I’ve missed.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Rhino! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

Heyo! I’m going by Alecto, hence the username here, though I’m known by other things on various parts of the internet. I’m a new Lunivox-bearing Thornmouth, if I’ve gotten that phrasing correct.

I found this place through a friend (hi @Cynical ), and while I haven’t actually gotten around to reading the books yet, I’ve been lurking around on the forums a little, and really ought to introduce myself already. I am an avid reader of far too many things at once, a fan of larping, and I have an interest in puzzles and ARGs.

I am, ah… not terribly good at the social aspect of things, but I hope I can carve myself out a nice comfy corner to be shy and do puzzles in, while occasionally interacting meaningfully with you all.

13 Likes

Mwahahahahahahahaha yesssss, come, join me, I shall convert all my friends mwahahahahahahaha!

8 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Erinyes! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

7 Likes

Okay!!

I do believe I’m officially, formally, all caught up! Books read cover to cover, post-book forum posts read, and ideas percolating!

… Now to do my darndest to actually catch up on all the tasks I put off for a week to do this, because hyperfixation is a doozy. (And not, as my brain really wants me to do, reread everything start to finish but this time take notes.)

… I may have found myself in the deep end, friends. :skull:

15 Likes

@Erinyes, is Erinyes the username you prefer? I saw you mentioned Alecto above, but wanted to be sure you landed on the username you prefer as it’s MUCH easier to change in the first days of joining. :cjheart:

9 Likes

Hey! Thanks so much for the offer, but, ah, no thanks! While it’s true, I do like the name Alecto, as it happens, I like it so much it’s what I’ve chosen as a first name for myself. And I suppose I’m still in the classic “never give your real name out on the internet” mindset. Which, of course, I’ve sort of done anyway, but I’m still happy with my account name being at least one step removed.

The “hence the account name” was just me referencing the fact that Alecto was the name of one of the furies, or erinyes, in Greek mythology. (Yes, I’m a bit of a mythology nerd, if it wasn’t obvious from the name :slight_smile: )

13 Likes

You’ll quickly find you’re in good company here

12 Likes

Y’know, a friend just made me realize you might be asking for the sake of making things easier on the backend, so I don’t have two names in whatever super secret database I’m sure you use to keep track of all the wonderful story things that happen around here. In that case, I’d be happy to take the change to Alecto, I’m not super attached to “Erinyes”. Especially with such an inviting environment around here, I don’t mind the first name at all!

8 Likes

@Erinyes is perfect as is. :cjheart:

10 Likes

Hey, I vanished for a while, it was a dark place…, but I’m back, maybe I should return to square one.

9 Likes

Great to hear from you again @Lander ! Since it’s been so long I’ll give you the intro rundown again so you can pick up wherever you’re comfortable.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m looking forward to rediscovering the magiq. :smiley:

6 Likes

Hello! I had the Beginner Book of Spells just waiting to be read for over a year, and finally I’m digging into The Monarch Papers. Excited to jump in and get to know this magiqal world! :blush:

6 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Hemlock! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Since it’s been a while I’ll give you the welcome rundown again to help you fin your way around the forum.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

3 Likes

New people! Welcome friend!

1 Like