The Welcome Super Topic

No worries thank you for the welcome @Skylad

8 Likes

Sorry for leaving you on read for so long @Claeya hectic day in the colonies :colelulz:

Welcome to the Forums new recruit! I’m Skylad one of the Captains of the Glorious Weatherwatch guild (the rest of the leadership roster can be found here )
Best place for all recruits to start is with the Beginners resources here you’ll find all the community guidelines and the bla-bla-bla. But that’s not the fun stuff that you wanna read!!! where you really wanna go is to the Gossmere Campsite this is where you can meet a few more of your fellow guildmates and start to understand what binds this community together! The more reading and interacting with the community you do the more you begin to see just how deep the rabbit hole really goes :kingrabbit:

If you need any help at all don’t be afraid to "@"me or any of the leadership team. We are more than happy to help

12 Likes

Hello all, I have been interested in Ackerly Green for while but it just wasn’t calling to me at the time. It called to me again recently and now I am all in! I’m an Ebenguard and I really feel called to it. I’m currently working on my masters of accounting as well as CPA licensure and I can’t wait to dive deeper into the forums and the books!

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @sbotts_20! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Lynore.

I’ve been lurking for a while. I love to read, write and make art. Watching others being enthusiastic about creating is fun too (youtube, this forum). I also have an incredibly active imagination, vivid dreams mistaken for reality, and short term memory issues. I’m awful with remembering names and numbers, but am proficient at pattern based puzzles. When I can, I like to go hiking in the woods (proper woods, not these patches of trees and green things surrounded by city like where I live now. Better than nothing, sure, but not a proper forest)

I’ve been assessed as Balimora. Sounded right, as the last book I read was called “Uprooted” by Naomi Novik haha.

Beyond that I’m not sure what to say about myself. I’m horrible at keeping a conversation going, but I like being around to listen. I only hope… that it is a good thing that I joined, finally, instead of staying on the outside.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Lynore! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. We’re all for lurking here, it’s a great way to get a feel for how the forum works!

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, writing, and visual arts! IF you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Balimoran. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

6 Likes

Hello, All!

Last night I stumbled across The Monarch Papers during some research and now I find myself here as a member of the Thornmouth Guild. What little I know about the Guild thus far seems to suit me, as I’m an academic with a love of nature, science, philosophy, and all things occult. I look forward to meeting you all and conversing on a variety of topics.

Until then I remain,

The Scrivener

8 Likes

Welcome to an entire community of people with memory and focus issues! <3 We are the most forgetful but loving of squirrels.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @The_Scrivener! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

3 Likes

Hi there! I’m Caelyth - pleasure to meet you. I stumbled across The Guide to Magiq a few years ago but didn’t feel the call at the time. Something tells me it knew I wasn’t at home enough with myself to take the journey just yet. I’m grateful to have finally found my way back.

The assessment directed me to Gossmere (of the Eraverane bearing), though I feel an equally strong pull toward Thornmouth. The two seem intertwined to me: it is through shared stories and histories that we develop community, and through community that we grow our shared trove of knowledge. I’ve been poking through the Guild forums and mulling it over for most of today. Maybe a little more time (and reading!) will help make things clearer.

In any case, I am excited to participate in this grand literary experiment with you and build something new together. Off to start the Monarch Papers. Cheers!

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Caelyth! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. It’s perfectly normal to feel a connection to more than one guild, and in the future it’s possible for your guild identity to change.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

Hey, I’m new to the whole Briarverse as a Thing, and I’m excited to start digging into it some more. I just started on Flora and Fauna, and the Assessment put me in Thornmouth, which I’m actually pretty pumped for. I’m a part time student with a History major currently and a minor in folklore and linguistics. I also DM and play D&D and other rpgs pretty consistently. I’m excited to get into this!

14 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @DubiousFuzzbear! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as tabletop gaming, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Fae.

I was assessed to be in Thornmouth, and I am thrilled. The idea of knowledge as a light source that needs to be kept alive is amazing, on top of the thought I could help with that. I don’t really know where to start to get caught up because I’ve been having difficulty reading physical books recently and am better at using audiobooks. But I’m reading up on the forums and super excited to be here.

Off line I am a mid-twenties woman currently in between careers. I love music, video games, and magic.

12 Likes

Hey Fae, welcome to the forum! Just wanted to jump in here quickly before Void gives you his amazing welcome. If you do prefer audiobooks as a medium, then the books are available in that format on Amazon, Audible, or the like (sorry, not familiar with a lot of platforms). Hope this helps and looking forward to hearing what you think of the narrative!

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Afae! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as video games, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

5 Likes

Greenman here from the Mountain State. I’m not even sure I’m writing in the right spot. After a long day I searched this up on a whim and now have too much ‘new’ floating about.

Having just shaken this bottle, I’m Gossa-something, Eravan-something, and got a message from Augustus.

I’m going to let the sediment settle and figure out where and what next.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Greenman! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes

Pokes head in looking for new Weatherwatchers

3 Likes

None recently it seems.

2 Likes