The Welcome Super Topic

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Molly! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

Once you’ve taken the MAGIQ Guild Assessment to find out which guild you most fit with I can direct you toward your guild page, which you’ll be able to interact with after you’ve been active on the forum for a couple hours!

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

8 Likes

Hi I’m iluminara. It’s nice to meet all of you

9 Likes

Hi I’m iluminara (aka Dominique) sorry for reveali by my name so soon. It’s nice to be here :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Iluminara! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

You’ll also want to take the MAGIQ Guild Assessment. Once you’ve discovered which guild suits you best, let me know and I can direct you to your relevant guild pages.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

8 Likes

Hey, I’m currently reading about Flora and Fauna. Sorry I am so awkward I always am during introductions. I have always been fascinated by the mind, magic, the stars and someone can actually be capable of. I was sorted into Thornmouth and relate deeply to the description given. I am excited to go on this adventure with you all!! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @pirating! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

8 Likes

I will be honestly, I’m a little overwhelmed here.
I found the invite and joined up immediately, fascinated by the description.

But there is a lot here. I will work my way through slowly, I guess.

15 Likes

I honestly think we all are when we first join. You’ve got this, and there are wonderful people here to help guide you. Read the books, read the historical forums, and interact with us. Everyone is helpful and friendly and wants others to join in however they are comfortable.

This is not a race.

14 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @DocBlue! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

You’ll also want to take the MAGIQ Guild Assessment. This will tell you which of the six magimystic guilds best suits you. Once you’ve done that let me know and I can direct you to the relevant pages for your guild.

7 Likes

@BrokenVoid According to the assessments I am a Thornmouth Luminast. I’m currently an unemployed Data Scientist, but I am filling my time by running multiple virtual role-playing games and building material for those games and more. Writing and hobbies sound like good places to start… Thank you!

12 Likes

Welcome to the Thornmouth guild!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

7 Likes

Greetings, all! Though new to the secret guilds and many other aspects of this world, I am not new to the esoteric. I stumbled upon the magic guide earlier today, and the assessment labeled me a thornmouth. This made sense to me, as 1) a thornmouth is a type of snail, which has been symbolic in my spiritual journey, and 2) I’m already a practitioner of Astral Thinking, Tome Kindling, and Time Shifting.

I’m also a master level Philosomancer, and reading the description of a Thornmouth, I was immediately thrown by how well it described me. I have spent many nights studying ancient languages and religions, read the works of many philosophers and dabbled in the quantum realm as well. I’m not role playing at all when I say that I’ve lost track of time in multiple occasions studying something for fun, only to leave my desk to find it has been several days. It has put a strain on my relationships before, and many people have said that I am addicted to information.

I look forward to meeting some likeminded people, both knowledge seekers within my guild, and magic users without. I also hope that I can contribute to the narrative in some way, eventually. But don’t we all wish to leave a mark on the world in which we live?

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @MrRite! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Consuelo (aka Connie) and I just finished reading Flora and Fauna. I’ve always been interested in interactive storytelling, so I was very excited when I came across the series on FB. I look forward to continuing to explore the story and to getting to know everyone :slight_smile:

Oh, I also kind of took the assessment twice which may or may not have been the best idea. It said that I was a Thornmouth the first time and then said I was a Flinterforge the 2nd time. I feel like I resonate with both, so yeah, I’m going to have to figure that one out lol

11 Likes

Hey there @ConnieM97, I’m Tinker, one of the Flinterforge leaders! Lots of us come in with a bit of a question mark around our guilds (I got Balimora on my first go). Once you’ve been around the forum a little bit (we’ve got lots of hobby-centric topics you can jump right into), you’ll get access to some of the guild areas where you can look around and maybe find what feels more comfy. If you’ve got any questions, feel free to let me or any of the other leaders know!

13 Likes

Thanks @Tinker, sounds good! I’ll for sure take these next few days to look around and see what happens

8 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @PlumGarden ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

Once you’ve taken the MAGIQ Guild Assessment I’ll be able to direct you the pages for your guild where you’ll eventually be able to interact with other members of your guild.

4 Likes

Utter newb here - eek. I was sorted into Thornmouth 4 different times. So, I guess that’s definitive. It makes sense because I love books. I love books about books. I love words and books about words. History, secrets, research, multiple open browser windows. falling down internet rabbit holes and burning midnight oil… You had me at Mindflame. What a perfectly fitting word to describe the undying passion for learning I feel in my core. The guild bearing I was sorted into is Lunivox - also fitting.
Happy to be here! I’m stumbling around a bit right now because I’m not as familiar with the forum environment but I hope to get up to speed. I should be finishing up the first book within a few days.

10 Likes

Don’t worry about not knowing how to navigate a forum, I was new to it when I started too. You’re always welcome to just lurk around and see how things work or dive right into discussion, whatever you’re comfortable with.

7 Likes

G’day to all the new recruits who have joined up recently. its always exciting to see new faces ready to join the fray!

If there’s anything I can do to help don’t be afraid to reach out, regardless of guild (WEATHERWATCH RULES!!!)

12 Likes