The Welcome Super Topic

That was a perfect welcome @Ignatius and @BrokenVoid , thank you both!

5 Likes

Hello! I’m Shade and I’ll be moving in with the Weatherwatch crowd (though I would reckon Thornmouth’d be a close second). OOW I’ve had some experience in forum (text- based) RPGs. I also LARP and tabletop RP for fun both as a game master and as a player. I am finishing up my Architecture and English undergraduate degrees.

I usually go by the username amadshade (it’s pretty unique so I’ve never had to use a different one) so if you see me on other RPGs or in video games online be sure to say hello! I only changed my username for this site because folk here seem to use the name they go by instead of a username. Also there’s few enough people that Shade hadn’t been taken already :grin:

I haven’t read the books… yet! I’ve been swamped with finals for the last couple days and haven’t been able to read up. Though I couldn’t resist posting here and getting started.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Shade! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as LARP, hobbies, tabletop gaming, and video games!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. Your guild leaders are @Remus and @Skylad, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

Hey @Shade Welcome to Weatherwatch, I’m Sky one of your leaders and it’s awesome to have you on board!!
Feel free to pm or @ me if you have any questions

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Ventris. I just came across this and am about to dive into reading. I was sorted into Thornmouth which made me pretty excited.

Can’t wait to meet everyone!

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Ventris! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as hobbies, book recommendations, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve been gone for a couple months! I’m back and raring to go! Is there something that I can read to catch up on everything I’ve missed?

8 Likes

I believe Catherine went through and numbered the story threads recently, what’s the last thing you remember?

7 Likes

Oph. Um, it would be about halfway through Secret Society? It’s been awhile.

6 Likes

Secret Society is number 1, followed by Search for Magiq: The Neithercouriers.

7 Likes

Thanks so much!

7 Likes

That was helpful, just finished really catching up. Holy crap a lot went on XD

8 Likes

Hello! I’m Daniel - I’ve been online RPing online since the old MUSH and MUX days. The format’s changed a lot over time, also, I’ve never really tried ‘forum’ RP before, though I think that’s been around from the beginning.

Looking forward to a well-run, pleasant group to play with again. I love world-building and it looks like that’s a focus here. Hope some of my skills can be useful to the group, IC and OOC!

I’m a ‘process engineer’ by day (sort of a combination of a process analyst, technical writer and change manager). My background is all over the place, and I do art and comics on the side. I like the technical aspects of creating. I’ve ‘RPed’ via spreadsheets, maps, diagrams and even formatting meeting minutes. I’d also like to think I have reasonably decent characters, as well. :laughing: I’m the one to call if you’re not sure who’d have the patience to sort out or record the less interesting details of an idea or need a troublesome graphic. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been sorted into Thornmouth and though I haven’t checked out the others yet, it doesn’t sound wrong to me! :slightly_smiling_face:

Really looking forward to going over the materials in the next few days and seeing what it’s all about.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Danweel! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, [https://forum.thebriararchive.com/t/the-hobby-super-topic/3678), and visual art!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will give you your guild leaders as well as a comprehensive list of who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

7 Likes

Hello

I am very excited to begin this journey and to experience this world and that with all of you. I am in the Ebenguard guild. I am in the middle of reading another book from the library so it will likely take me time to get through TMP1 and the Spellbook. I want to ensure that I get all the information I need and thoroughly enjoy this experience.

About myself, I am a prep cook by day whipping up vegetarian/vegan-friendly food. I also work caterings. By night I am a lone wolf/bookworm/knowledge seeker/tale weaver/nature believer …(at least some of the time). I love fantasy and sci-fi (probably why I am here). I enjoy being in nature and try to immerse myself in it when I get the chance.

I can’t wait to continue the journey and get more information on what I can do to best contribute and participate.

11 Likes

@Azhure! Hello and welcome! I’m Ignatius (as I’m sure you noticed lol) the Gossmere Wagoneer!

First and foremost: Guild stuff. You can find the list of leadership here! Once you’ve been on the forum a couple of hours you can introduce yourself to the rest of your guild here! Other than that if you have any beginner questions please shoot me or any of us @Wagoneers a message! (It’s just me and @BrokenVoid at the moment)

Next (but more importantly, at least to me) interests! We have an entire topic about foods (and drinks!) Next up I’ll just show you an entire category because #bookish can cater to that inner bookworm of yours!

Once again welcome and if you need anything please shoot me a message!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Azhure! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Very happy to have you here, hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

wow, a MUSH and MUX man, eh? Dont meet many from that era anymore.

6 Likes

Um hi there, my name is Jericho. I stumbled across this place last night and apparently I’m a Balmora?

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Jericho! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, pets, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Balimoran. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

7 Likes