The Welcome Super Topic

Hi, I stumbled across Ackerly Green via Instagram and found the sorting process very evocative and magical! I’m Balimora, which feels very… right. I’m fascinated by the idea of this immersive world and looking forward to enjoying the books…after I’ve gotten some sleep and hustled off to work. I work in social media, but am an aspiring writer and amateur herbalist. I look forward to being a part of this world!

10 Likes

Hey Juniper! I’m Nim, one of your guild leaders alongside @Helios. We’re just here if you have any questions, as is any of the other leadership or Wagoneers. Working in social media sounds pretty cool, we have a Work thread if you’d like to discuss that further, and we have a writing thread for people to share ideas and lament writer’s block togther, lol. When you’re able, make sure you stop by our guild’s introduction thread too to get to know everyone else in the guild. Welcome!!!

5 Likes

Welcome @JuniperWind! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. I’m here to help out if you need anything.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m halfway through the first Monarch Papers book and so excited to learn more!

8 Likes

Hello,

I’m Faiyama or Faiy and I’m a Thornmouth. Currently I’m a stay at home mom but will be going back to school to become a writer. I haven’t started reading the book yet because I thought working on this would be the best step. I look forward to learning more and engaging in conversations with everyone.

Until next time,
Faiyama

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Faiyama! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Reading the books is highly encouraged because it will help you understand the way magiq works here and give you some background for the story that’s continuing here on the forum.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

Hey all,
I’m Xaeman. I discovered the Guide to Magiq from a Reddit post and have been slowly climbing farther down the rabbit hole. I’ve downloaded Flora & Fauna but I haven’t started reading it yet. I was sorted into Flinterforge after completing the assessment, which fits me in some ways and not so much in others, but it seems right for me. I’m sure I’ll have a brilliant time here and can’t wait to get to know you all :grinning:
~Xaeman

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Xaeman! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. Your guild leaders are @Tinker and @Viviane, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

Thanks @BrokenVoid! I’ll be sure to check out some of the topics you’ve mentioned and I can’t wait to properly integrate myself into what seems like a really kind and welcoming community :slight_smile:
~Xaeman

8 Likes

Welcome to all the new mounties! I’m Ignatius the Gossmere Wagoneer! I’d like to just go ahead and apologize that I didn’t have an active role in welcoming, well any of you! Though I couldn’t welcome you then, I’ll just say it now! Welcome to the community and we’re all so happy you made your way here! Hopefully I’ll get to see all of you around :smile:

7 Likes

Hello! I found this community through Facebook actually. I’m from NZ (and it’s currently after midnight) so I haven’t been able to start reading just yet but the assessment told me I matched Thornmouth and I would definitely agree based on the description.

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @ApolloCee! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. We actually have a couple others here from NZ as well.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @ApolloCee! I’m Ignatius the Gossmere Wagoneer! If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a message!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Greyo! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Good to see you’re already jumping right into discussions!

Make sure you read the first post of this thread as well as the forum primer, as these will give you all the rules and starting information for getting around the forum. You’ve found a few discussions to take part in already, but if you have any other interests you’d like to get involved in let me know and I can direct you to them (or maybe you can create one if we don’t have it already).

Once you’ve taken the Guild Assessment, let me know what your guild is and I can introduce you to your guild leaders and direct you to the introduction page for your guild. If you have any more questions, feel free to message any of the @Wagoneers or visit the Q&A.

9 Likes

Hey there!

I’m, as my user name hopefully shows, Mikasi! I’m…well, maybe not a veteran of ARGs, but lets just say I’m doing my best to catch up on a couple of different ones, namely this one and The Black Watchmen. I love settings that are, as one could say, ‘a few steps to the left’ of ours, just mystical enough that it’s different, but close enough that you could sit there and go ‘wait a minute…are we sure this isn’t real?’

I literally finished TMP1 and am working on TMP2 right now, so I’ll hopefully be caught up enough to start joining in. Oh! I got sorted into Thornmouth, but I’m surprised my love of magi-tech type stuff didn’t drop me into Flinterforge. But maybe it’s my slightly neglected love of just learning, testing, and so on. Maybe it’s my inner mad scientist showing through. I guess we’ll see.

13 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Mikasi! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as hobbies, book recommendations, and pets!

5 Likes

Hey there @Mikasi! I’m Ignatius, the Gossmere Wagoneer! Like @BrokenVoid if you need anything please hit us up!

5 Likes

Hello! Longtime listener, first-time caller here lol. I read The Monarch Papers and discovered my guild several months ago, but I’m only now getting the chance to be truly involved. My wedding and subsequent move halfway across the country took priority!

I’m a Luminast bearing Thornmouth, as my veritable library of books would suggest. I’m a retail pharmacist by trade, but an (indoor) adventurer at heart. I play DnD Wednesday nights with friends, currently playing through the Yawning Portal. I also play Archeage Unchained, gamer tag is the same as here, and would love to have a Magiq Guild. Otherwise, I have most game systems and love to cross-stitch. Can’t forget my hubby, and our cats Leo and D’Artagnan. We mostly call him Dart though.

Can’t wait to solve puzzles and contribute what I can to our mutual goal: bring back Magiq!

10 Likes

@KhaosRose Hello and welcome to the light of the community! I’m Ignatius the local Gossmere Wagoneer!

First and foremost your guild! Your guild leader is @Sellalellen! You can find your guild hall here! Now that that’s out of the way, if you have any questions and really need help finding the answer feel free shooting me, @BrokenVoid, or your guild leader a message! We’re always here to help!

Now on to the fun part: your interests! You can find the DnD thread right here! (Unrelated sorta but one of my step-brothers is studying to be a pharmacist!) Here is the work thread! As for the games, the virtual gaming is here and the tabletop is there! Here is the Hobby thread! Last but not least is the pet thread! I’m going to assume you have already found most of these being a long time reader but better to be safe than sorry right? If I did miss anything just let me know and I’ll tag it!

Anyway like I said if you need anything feel free to shoot me a message! I hope to see you around!

(P.S. My grammar might be off because I am sick and half awake, apologies if I messed up anywhere!)

5 Likes

Welcome @KhaosRose! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Happy to have you here!

4 Likes