The Welcome Super Topic: Volume One

Hello~
I’m pretty new here. A friend of mine recruited me (@OracleSage), and I did take a quiz of sorts for my guild. And while I got Balimora, I am more aligned with WeatherWatch. So, perhaps a little bit of both but more WeatherWatch.

He’s shown me some great ARGs in the past so I look forward to exploring this place. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome WarriorRose!
I’m used to introducing myself to new recruits but in this case I guess that’s not necessary…
So if you want to look around I recommend the Campfire and Explore and anything guild related… just don’t go anywhere near the Fragments yet, you’ll give yourself a headache.

Essentially we are trying to open a book, one that contains the truth as to why magiq was forgotten and I believe it will also tell us what happened to the Mountineers in the '80s who where destroyed with only Ascender and another man alive.
The Ebenguard is insain, and Ascender left.
Every four fragment(puzzle) we open a key, four keys and we unlock the book.
we have two of the four keys, and are currently waiting for round three to start.

Any questions you can’t find already answered on the forum you can ask on Loose Thread Theater:)
Love and Luck
OracleSage of Gossmere

4 Likes

Hello!

I’m VictorianFlorist of Thornmouth.

I see Oracle is getting you up to speed.
It’s always good to have another capricious Weatherwatcher.

(Just want to make a note for you, all out of world discussion should happen in the Cabinet of Otherworldly Wonders. CJ is fairly meticulous when maintaining what’s in and out of world. So be careful in any in world threads about referring to this whole thing as an ARG, as within the canon it’s not. All threads are in world except for the Cabinet and CJ’s thread.)

5 Likes

Sorry, should have mentioned that^^

2 Likes

Gotcha,
Fear not, I wasn’t planning to. But I appreciate the suggestion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey hi hello howdy! Stumbled across this last night and was too tired to join at the time but just finished taking the quiz and I’m a brand new Ebenguard! Looks like I’ve missed a good chunk of the goings-on but I like reading and this stuff’s right up my alley. Hope to get caught up as much as possible pretty soon here, and any advice y’all have is greatly appreciated!

6 Likes

Welcome to the family!

Well recaps are a great way to play catch up! We are all currently waiting for Fragment 9… which should start soon!
Love & Luck
OracleSage of Gossmere

4 Likes

Honestly Oracle I feel like you’d rock one of those weird jobs where you just welcome everyone. “Hello welcome to ___ I hope you enjoy your shopping experience.” :wink:

3 Likes

Hey there and welcome!

If you’re looking for a place to start, I would suggest reading the Weekly Recaps. You should also be getting an email with some helpful links - if not, then you can check out the latest posts, there’s some recent threads with helpful information to new players.

4 Likes

Sarcasm Hello welcome to Basecamp33 all travelers coins are 50% off

I could totally rock that gig!

7 Likes

Hello guys I joined maybe close to a week ago and I’ve found myself part of the Ebenguard. I look forward to meeting you all!

8 Likes

Hey! I’m OracleSage or just Oracle, I’m in Gossmere!
So happy to have you here!

3 Likes

I’m Bells, Thornmouth obviously! I hope you find yourself in good company! :heart:

3 Likes

Hey I’m Ashley, Balimora here! Haven’t yet read the weekly logs, but I’ve gathered that’s what’s best for me to do to get up to speed?

6 Likes

Welcome @0ashtree! Always happy to see another Balimora.

Pretty much the weekly updates give a big picture of what’s happened historically.

The short version is we’re trying to unlock the book of briars which involves finding 4 keys, each made up of 4 fragments. So sixteen fragments in all. The 10th fragment should be starting any time now so you’ll be on the ground floor of that if you’re interested! Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! Someone’s usually always about.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family!
So glad to have you:)

3 Likes

Welcome @0ashtree!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @Robert, I’d be interested to help with the 10th fragment if i can - I’ll keep my eye out for sure. Thanks for the welcome @OracleSage and @Leigha too!

3 Likes

Hey, I’m new. this was posted on r/ARG, and i took a look. i am a thornmouth. so, lets get solving!

8 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Offtheblock! Hollar if you need anything.

3 Likes