The Six Elements - Alchemical Symbols Project

I love these!

11 Likes

Oh my god these are awesome. My buddy is a train hopper (yes i know VERY ILLEGAL, still.) so he actually knows a lot of these, and he’ll point them out to me on trains or walls all over the place when we pass a spot where we know there are some.

9 Likes

There are quite a few train yards around where I live, so as I grew up my friends and I learned to recognize some of them (even trading messages in our own version for a bit), Which is probably why I adore the look of these things. tbh I played around with the idea of making more, but being a bit new I don’t even know the purpose that they’d be for :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Mountaineer hobo signs? That’s such a cool idea!
I love these so much!

8 Likes

Elements-01 Elements-02 Elements-03 Elements-04 Elements-05 Elements-06

The only one I’m not completely happy with is ore. It’s really hard to represent impurities in metal using flowy circle geometry.

There are all roughly inspired by a mix between alchemical symbols and stained glass.

23 Likes

Man, thats a really tough competitor… i love all three of these >3>

5 Likes

Can I just say that it’s amazing that life has been breathed into this thread! It’s the best place for Mounties (young and old) to show off their style! Keep it coming guys!

6 Likes

Ore was tough for me, too, which is funny because it’s the most “concrete” of the concepts of the elements.

11 Likes

#dadjokes

8 Likes

@metatomato I love the stained glass inspiration and what you did with the line thicknesses here! I think Wild and Thought are actually my favorites. And @Thorn I love your Aether, and especially your Ore!

Would totally use all of these in spells.

8 Likes

I am stunned by these contributions!

9 Likes

So I was looking at that sweet new Guide cover and I noticed something:

The new elements symbols?

Edit: I’m such a dork, there’s a clearer version right at the top of the site.

15 Likes

Ooooooooo

Also that cover is so damn pretty! Are you gonna release a version of the guide with that cover? :eyes: You could do a limited edition hardback version of it!

8 Likes

Those were provided for the AMAZING cover designer I’ve been working with. The Alchemical Symbols Project is something much different and we’ll be following up with very soon. :cjheart:

11 Likes

Oooh, good to know! They’re all super on point so I was convinced I’d found something :deirdrexd:

8 Likes

Holy flippin cow this is beautiful.

5 Likes

Everyone’s art is so beautiful, I wanted to add my style into the mix by making just one— Tides! I do collage art, and usually I work with the tarot as inspiration. This was a fun new subject to play with!

21 Likes

Um. Please continue.

8 Likes

:scream: oh my goodness that’s gorgeous!! I’d love to see more in the set!

7 Likes

I would love to see what we could do if we combined your collages with some of the more symbolic entries, these are gorgeous!

6 Likes