The Road to Fragment Thirteen: Sullivan's Letter & The Chronocompass

Im guessing it might go to D?

1 Like

So the 3 W’s Who, When, and Where maybe?

1 Like

I have the message window open as well. Should we ask it questions? Where are these being sent and who is reading them? I think we should be careful until we know who’s receiving this stuff and what the repercussions will be.

2 Likes

And can everyone send messages?

1 Like

If you can send a message just put “1” so we know.

1 Like

I think everyone can.

9 Likes

I believe so Furia

2 Likes

Let’s start by making a list of what we need to know first.

2 Likes

How will we find out where it goes?

1 Like

I would assume that the messages are being sent to Dawson (which might be an alias, I guess), as it is on his site and he does have a “Contact” header, though we couldn’t access it before. Like @Sellalellen said, the Chronocompass was under the heading “Future Works,” so perhaps we can assume that it’s going forwards in time?

3 Likes

I also sent a message. I asked things like - what is this - how does it effect time? Who are you? What is the purpose of the chronocompass? What do you know about the Storm and its master? Are you a member of the council or do you know any information about it? What do you know about the Book of Briars?

Maybe they know some answers to these questions, maybe not. But it’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

We’ve already established that most of us, if not all, can send messages. Getting a count should not be a priority yet. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Focus on what’s important first, and we can sort out the details once wevery have a better idea of what we’re doing.

4 Likes

We stop and start watching everything again I guess. If it’s a link to the past, maybe we look at the history of places like Deed’s blog, or Contatnce’s or CRSumner’s tumblr. Or even our own posts ont his forum.

2 Likes

We’re woefully unfamiliar with “temporal magimystics.” We could send a single message and disappear the Mountaineers for all we know. I hate being such a downer, but with everything we’ve lost… I want to be extra careful.

11 Likes

Just so we are clear once you have sent a message can you send another?

1 Like

Ok, I now have a box.
But
Yes, who is receiving this (Fletcher Dawson?)
When are they receiving this?
Why have they given us this contact space?
What will they do with the information?

So what else do we send. The letters=clock face numbers is still getting to me, too.

3 Likes

So we need to test this whole message system, yet we need to tread carefully to not rip a hole in space and time.
Is this a correct summery?

6 Likes

Let’s maybe not send anything for now just to be safe.

2 Likes

Pretty much.

2 Likes

And we should wait to hear back from whoever is on the other side.

EDIT: I mean, yes. It makes sense that it would be Fletcher Dawson. But just in case it’s someone or something worse that KS?

11 Likes