The Q&A Super Topic: Ask Your Questions Here!

In any case, I did find it on the amazon shop, so I’ll save it for reading material this weekend when I go away with fam.

3 Likes

So I’m new to everything about the Magiqverse, what are the guilds for?

4 Likes

Warning potential spoilers below

The guilds are our modern day equivalent of The Monarchs original royal houses. Originally the houses each protected a tenant of the order. Not much is known currently about the structure or purpose of each house. Each of them represents one of the 6 elements though

This is probably the hardest question I’ve seen on here :laughing:

3 Likes

The canon purposes of the guilds aren’t completely known (as of now) but we can surmise from the Guide that they are meant for people of like mind and purpose to join together in camaraderie, shared interests, and exploration of the magimystic.

13 Likes

Is there a post/wiki that collates;
Guild, leaders, location, colours, royal family, butterfly, elements, affinities, summary of the affinity/dummie guide on what it does, any additional info that is grouped by guild/element?

I got a leather bound note book for Yule that is now screaming to be a physical reference for the magiqverse.

6 Likes

@Sapphire you’re in luck the amazing @Revenir created an awesome wiki with most of this information on! But beware there are loads of spoilers for the books contain in the wiki!

The current guild leaders of the guilds though are listed in the Forum Primer

There are some parts though like elements and affinities that have not been fully reveled to us yet and we only have partial knowledge of. For example weathermancy is a Weatherwatch affinity but we don’t know what it really does and can only guess. As for the elements we know that they are used in some spells such as the calling the corners spell

6 Likes

Is there such a thing a dummies guide to the abilities?
Eg possibly wrong, caught up on flora, fauna and cosmos

• Time Shifting - elongate or compress time for self

• Philosomancy - (pure speculation) ability to visualise and run through potential outcomes of a situation applying known and speculated variables, think Dr Strange and the time stone in Infinity war

• Second Mind - splitting of mind allowing 2+ tasks simultaneously. Possibly similar to Alar and the game Seek the Stone referenced in ‘The Name of the Wind’

• Astral Thinking - not a clue

• Tome Kindling - ability to copy personal knowledge/memory in to a book. External back up of the human mind? Possibly required skill to access knowledge/memories left by others?

• Peering Arts - seeing what isn’t there, what others can’t see, default out of box problem solving, scrying, fortune telling, reading palimpsest without getting a headache…

7 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t know anything about them really only what we’ve guessed

5 Likes

@Rimor
No worries, something to stumble along puzzling together then. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Most definitely, the ever enigmatic CJ loves to keep his little secrets from us :laughing:

7 Likes

:cjtea:

10 Likes

There is a Magiq affinities topic for speculation on what the affinities could possibly do. I really like your idea for philosomancy.

6 Likes

Thanks @BrokenVoid! I couldn’t find the thread as I couldn’t remember the name of it :laughing:

4 Likes

For @Connielass, @Ashburn, I just spoke with Bookfunnel support and they are happy to help you resolve your ebook Issues. Anyone who’s had problems downloading the ebooks from Bookfunnel, you can email them at help@bookfunnel.com and they will help you sort it out. AGP pays so that our readers have access to premium support through them. They’ll assist you one-on-one to figure out your ebook issues. :cjheart:

10 Likes

Also, @Sapphire, if you’re interested, there’s a thread for Weatherwatch Affinities if you’re interested in exploring them, though it looks like you mostly have questions about other guilds’ affinities (which is totally fine!). If you’re just interested in general ideas about all guild affinities, then you should definitely check out the thread that BrokenVoid linked to!

6 Likes

Thanks @Remus
I’m interested in them all, I like having at least a rough idea of what’s possible.
Weatherwatch and Thornmouth are my polyguilds so I guess I have a special focus on them.
I assume that all magiq can be done by anyone, but your guild affinities make a spell stronger/more likely to succeed?
Or are you limited to you guild affinity? Are there magiq classifications that aren’t linked to a guild, too powerful or to weak to be noted?

Edit: Same questions in more appropriate thread.

6 Likes

These are all great questions! You should probably ask them over in the Magiqal Affinities thread!

6 Likes

Just wondering what an Outrider is. I’ve seen one or two posting around…

5 Likes

It’s a reward title for an experimental project we were working on a while back.

6 Likes

Is that project no longer going on? :eyes:

2 Likes