The General Discussion Super Topic

I only found mine by searching all of my mail for Ackerly Green. It wasn’t in spam and it wasn’t in my inbox so I’m really not sure where my email decided to put it, but I got it now. I added AGP as a contact so hopefully that won’t happen again.

11 Likes

Adding us as a contact is definitely the best way to make sure the emails show up where they’re supposed to! I know with gmail we’ve found our emails occasionally go to the Promotions tab, but with other providers it’s sometimes just a mystery :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

I love getting those shipping notifications! :cjheart:

For those of us that signed up for the full year all at once, will the B Key be hiding in with the certificate? :eyes:

18 Likes

:deirdretea:

16 Likes

Does that mean the pin is in there? Cause it seems like you have an old shipping address for me. I need to know how badly I need to break into my old house.

14 Likes

We got you sorted out, fam.

14 Likes

You are the awesomest.

12 Likes

I am officially 100% caught up (and therefore extremely ready for TBS). Well. Maybe “ready” is the wrong word. I am excited about it though!

15 Likes

I also missed that email >>" heck. I’ll dig through my inboxes now.

Also, on a left field note I’m gonna be in NYC for a couple days starting tomorrow afternoon. Any recs on what to see or, more specifically ( and importantly), where to eat?

11 Likes

Ooh whereabouts are you staying/what are you in the mood to eat??

8 Likes

I hear Delmonico’s is great, but a little dusty.

10 Likes

My uncles live in Brooklyn somewhere? (NYC geography is a mystery to me). I figure ill be with them most of the time, but I think ill have access to other areas (I’m used to walking places to haha).

And Aside ye-olde-classic deli food (because I’m already craving a beautiful pastrami sandwich), I’m game to try anything !

casually adds Delmonico’s to a list of places to investigateThanks Lexington!

10 Likes

NYC geography is notoriously strange, but good food is everywhere!! If you’re in Brooklyn, Smorgasburg has an awesome collection of food stands and I believe is still open this time of year! Other than that, some of my favorites are Tacombi for tacos (multiple locations in Manhattan & Brooklyn), Joe’s for slices, and Levain cookies on the UES/UWS if you’re up north for any museums (Met, MoMA, Guggenheim, Natural History, etc.).

Fun outdoor things are the High Line and any of the parks, and you could always walk across the Brooklyn Bridge if you feel like braving the crowds!

That’s all just off the top of my head, I can always give more specific recommendations when you have a better idea of your area as well!! It’s a great place to visit and there’s never a shortage of things to do and see!

10 Likes

If you’re in Manhattan, I’d absolutely recommend Mee Noodle Shop (795 9th Ave --there’s a couple places with similar names)! Its an amazing noodle-centric Chinese place but they have a bunch of other stuff besides noodles, including the best dumplings I’ve ever had. It’s also really close to Central Park, the Central Park Zoo, and the MoMa! The zoos in NYC are pretty great so if that’s your thing (its definitely mine) I’d check them out!

10 Likes

Thanks Flinterfriends for the input!! I’ll definitely try and check some of those places out!! Smorgasburg sounds good (I love food stalls so much omg… so much to try…and then learn to replicate for my nefarious midwestern devices hehe), and if I go to Manhattan you bet I’m headed to that noodle shop!!

11 Likes

Anyone wanna hangout on discord later? Not gonna lie, I miss seeing all your Mountie faces and it would be cool to catch up with some folks.

8 Likes

This is not my work so it didn’t feel appropriate to put it in the hobby section, but I wanted to share in case a magical toad king would brighten anyone’s day.

I’m happy to move the post if it doesn’t belong here.

16 Likes

That absolutely makes my morning! :laughing:

8 Likes

This is giving me major “Wind In the Willows” vibes :hushed:

12 Likes

A rainy day is a candle day :candle:

22 Likes