The General Discussion Super Topic

I’ve never been more jealous of @Ashburn than I am right. now.

18 Likes

I sit in a cube, how in the world will I be able to read this before I go to bed tonight?

@Ashburn, I kind of hate you with the fiery passion of 1000 burning suns.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

16 Likes

FYI everyone, the forum will be down for about half an hour on Friday morning (Eastern) to install some critical updates as well as install a new version of our Ackerly Green plugin.

There will be quite a few updates on the backend as well as client side, including elements for The Briar Society, cleaning up and expanding on the dropdown menu in the top right, and best of all… a selectable DARK MODE!

Here’s a little taste of the non-eye-straining-and-keeping-you-up-at-night goodness:

23 Likes

Dark mode is pretty, the AG colour scheme is a really nice set for a dark theme.

16 Likes

Dark! Mode!!! Love it! Slowly turning all of my computer presence to dark mode and I am THRIVING!

19 Likes

Yay! Dark Mode! :partying_face:

9 Likes

Aaah my owl eyes rejoice!

10 Likes

The darkness in my souls sees the darkness in yours, Goth-namaste. Dark mode is appreciated.

15 Likes

So the discord won’t show any messages like I’ve lost permission, but I still keep getting pinged with notifications every time anyone says something. On my phone it even shows their message in the notification but if I click on it the chat is empty.

8 Likes

I had that happen a couple of days ago, I think it’s just a discord issue. Maybe check to see if the app needs to be updated?

8 Likes

I did lose Regular, I think it’s just the app not being completely caught up.

9 Likes

I had very similar issues when I first got added to discord. @Tinker had a look for me but couldn’t spot anything.

10 Likes

I got an email a couple days ago saying I was now a Regular as well, which i suppose means I lost it. Probably just a network hiccup or change for the app maybe?

9 Likes

Sometimes when permissions change, our plug-in just takes some time to reflect those changes. I’ll go ahead and manually run it now and hopefully that should fix things if they haven’t already sorted themselves out!

12 Likes

That seems to have done the trick, I can see the chat again.

10 Likes

Uh… I now see the rules, music, and gaming sections, but I don’t see any chats?

8 Likes

Happy St. Auggie’s Day everyone! :eaveshug:

For newer folks, we celebrate Augernon on February 14th as the magiqal patron saint of platonic love (Saberlane said it better here).

17 Likes

Happy Saint Auggie’s!

13 Likes

Ah, so that’s why I lost it. Thanks for explaining @Catherine!

9 Likes

Dark Mode

Thank you for the update!

15 Likes