The General Discussion Super Topic

How is everyone doing on this fine August day?

(damn… forgot that cakes exists outside the birthday/anniversary topic lol)

8 Likes

It’s going great! We’ve got great weather in the UK again!!!

(Hahaha you can’t escape the cake!)

6 Likes

I’m at work. :eaves:

Tickets went on sale about 20 minutes ago and they’re doing an open house thing to get more people to show up.

There was actually random cake at the grocery store yesterday. :cake:
I guess they were celebrating having a sportsball trophy there so people could take pictures with it. :ascendershrug:

7 Likes

Sometimes work isn’t all bad, sometimes it sucks real bad. I hope your’s isn’t too distasteful today! Wait do you mean pictures of it or were they taking selfies with it like it was a celebrity? :joy:

@Rimor No more of that nasty heat wave that was around back before I left?

6 Likes

Maybe a bit of both? It was the college football fancy 24k gold one for their version of the super bowl. I think there was an actual photographer for it, too. :deirdrexd:

6 Likes

Interesting… I really don’t know what to make of that lol

6 Likes

I mean, I took their cake (not as good as Publix, but it’s free :ascendershrug:) and would’ve gladly taken one of the gift cards they were raffling off for the occasion.

9 Likes

Free cake is usually the best kind if we are being honest… plus even if it’s a bad free cake, you didn’t have to pay for it…

9 Likes

No this is much nicer hot spell then last time :joy:

7 Likes

Well that’s good although I personally can’t wait for it to get back to a nice chill and a bit of rain here.

7 Likes

NOOOOOOOOO Why did you say the R word?! You’ve jinxed us all! :joy:

7 Likes

I’m fairly certain if anyone’s jinxed it’s me as now the forecast is showing storms :joy:

Although I will apologize in advance if I screw with your weather lol

6 Likes

The free food gods smile upon me!

Free tacos

11 Likes

a bit late but @Rimor what do you mean great weather omg the heat is… oppressive… it’s almost autumn and i’m still sweltering haha :blossom:

Also free food is best food :cherry_blossom:

8 Likes

It’s probably because I’m shade bathing and the shade is pleasantly warm but also cool :joy:

6 Likes

Omg I want tacos now tyvm!!
Yesterday was hot and humid beyond belief, then it rained. Now it’s nice and cool. My laundry room isn’t insulated, and isn’t cooled. So I decided to take advantage of the break in the heat to do the laundry without risking heat stroke

6 Likes

I’m indoors with a fan on but I’m still baking alive… But then, I am notoriously bad with heat haha! Too cold, put more clothes on, too hot? Well, I can’t exactly take my skin off… Cold showers, lots of water, fan on as high as it goes, I’ll survive… And oh dear, any room with heavy machinery tends to get really hot really fast, good thing for you that the rain came when it did! :blossom:

9 Likes

It probably helps that I’m in the deep north :joy:

4 Likes

@SabineBean Yeah hydrating is your best bet, other than that light clothes is a good follow up!

@Connielass at least you took advantage of the cool weather, some people don’t and wait till its too hot do stuff. Which is a decent portion of working summer calls lol

7 Likes

@Rimor now, I’ve heard of deep south, but deep isn’t a word I’ve ever heard the north described as… I like it! Deep north… Atmospheric, makes me think of foggy forests and getting lost on hikes. :blossom:

@Ignatius oh yeah, that’s one of the main reasons I’m staying indoors. I don’t like showing skin outside, I wear leggings under shorts even in midsummer haha… Black leggings too, which is a terrible idea and I know it! I recently got some coloured ones instead though, so I’m doing alright :cherry_blossom:

6 Likes