The General Discussion Super Topic

It’s amazing!
Pretty small village, my partner isn’t as into books and him and a couple other friends who weren’t up for trawling the bookshops got lost and walked round the entire village in about an hour.
I went though 11 bookshops and didn’t make to to a similar number. They were all great value for money and I managed to pick up 2 Folio Society books for £20
I love my friends for taking me, I’d never been before and now I know it within range for a day trip I will have to go back soon!
Also has some really nice places to eat, lots of antique shops and all round amazing vibe.
Not sure I’m up for going during the book festival too many people, be definitely going again.

3 Likes

That does indeed sound like heaven! An entire village of books, antique shops, and places to eat? If I every have any money to drop on a trip I’m definitely going to come take a look over there and up around where @Rimor and his Train-station museum thingy is if I have time!

2 Likes

@Sapphire it’s only my holiday list now!!!

@Ignatius you’ll absolutely love it here in the North!

3 Likes

That the national rail museum at York? I’ve not been there for years.
If you like trains, Wales is has lots of narrow gauge railways, including the railways that the Thomas the Tank Engine books were based on :slight_smile: (Corris Railway and The Talyllyn )

3 Likes

Theres also shildon museum

2 Likes

I just like museums in general lol I just remembered @Rimor talking about it a good bit a while back.

2 Likes

Oh not seen that one before, will have to suggest it to my dad as that’s day tripable for him.
My local steam railway used to be Ravenglass or Lakeside and Haverthwaite. My local ones are now, Vale of Rheidol and Corris, I should find time to volunteer again, nothing quite like driving a steam train :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shildon is one of the two places the flying Scotsman and the LNER reside

2 Likes

Also I’ve come home to find that the mad cleaning brownie has gotten into my room and cleaned everything and rearranged all my books :laughing: I need to get the @OracleSage Sage Security installed :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Mounties! I don’t use Twitter (for a number of reasons, both humane and political) but occasionally I have random musings and thoughts that I want to share, but because of my Twitter embargo I have nowhere to put them.

So I’m going to create a topic in the “From AGP” category for me to share those thoughts with the people who I think might even remotely care about them. You!

My question… what should I call the topic?

13 Likes

I’m not a fan of Twitter either :laughing:

You could call it the Thorntank (Like think tank) or A writers ramblings :laughing:

2 Likes

@CJB
How about Mountie Musings?
Magiqal Musings?
Writer’s Wrangle?
Whimsical Whispers?
From @Revenir Whispers from Elsewither
From @Rimor Whispers from the Grapevine
From @Miliham Snippets from somewhere
If I come up with any more I’ll add edit this message…

4 Likes

I vote for Mountie Musings… But I do wonder if it sounds too in-world?

Who else is around SE PA? It turned cold last night, and started raining. I’d left the window open and woke up to a puddle on my window table and the floor. I sound like a frog, and I’m currently dressed in my fall fleeces - it’s the middle of June!! :unamused:

3 Likes

Oooo I really dig whimsical whispers!

4 Likes

I like whimsical whispers.

I’m also into like…Whispers from Elsewither or something like that.

5 Likes

Ooo I like that! Would you like for me to add it to my list or just leave it here?

1 Like

Whispers from the grapevine?

1 Like

snippets from somewhere?

4 Likes

@Miliham and @Rimor these are both amazing additions. I think we’re just making it an even tougher choice for CJ at this point lol

1 Like

Sure!

2 Likes