The Currently Reading Super Topic

YES! Mandela effect. I most definitely remember it as Berenstein.

8 Likes

I’m about halfway through “The Invisible Life of Addie Larue” by VE Schwab and it’s so goooood :sob: :sob: :sob:

10 Likes

Oh I’m DYING to read that!!

6 Likes

Reading it now, about 1/3rd of the way through. It’s really, really good.

7 Likes

Wait, it’s Berenstain?!?

5 Likes

8 Likes

I just finished and I am BROKEN

8 Likes

I’m rushing to finish up the last 4 out of 35 books for the 2020 GoodReads challenge since COVID ruined my 2-ish hours of commute-induced audiobook listening time so am panic-reading All.The.Books.

I’m almost done listening to We Have Always Lived in the Castle and am kicking myself for not reading more of Shirley Jackson’s work. I’ve already figured out the “turn” to the plot and confirmed it through Wikipedia (I have a terrible habit of reading the end of books before I’m halfway done; it makes the books more interesting). But I love her writing style and her interesting plots.

As soon as it’s done, I’m starting Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman since I’ve heard it’s a quick listen.

9 Likes

So I’m halfway through World War Z…

10 Likes

I’m about halfway through Legendborn and :sparkles:l o v i n g :sparkles: it!!!

7 Likes

We Have Always Lived in the Castle is done. As is Fortunately the Milk. I should finish Tales of the Peculiar tomorrow.

That’s will put me at 34 books and I’ll be able to finish one of the other books I’m currently in the middle of.

9 Likes

I just started reading Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, and it sure gets interesting fast. It gives me just a little hint of Hitchhiker’s Guide vibes with the writing style and quirky comedy at times.

11 Likes

I just finished Rhythm of War.

It is not fair what that book did to my emotions.

7 Likes

I just finished it and I feel like I can barely catch my breath.

7 Likes

I think I cried for the last 50 pages straight :sob::sob::sob:

7 Likes

My one critique is:

Let me preface this with the fact that I’m extremely immersion-spoiled by CJ and the Briarverse, but at the end, I went back and looked at the cover and the dedication, and I was pretty disappointed to see the author’s name on the cover and that the dedication was different. Like with the whole book building up to that last chapter, how cool those details that went overlooked at the beginning would have been to go back and discover.

4 Likes

So I thiiiiink the Owlcrate edition at least removed the author’s name from the cover…I don’t know if they changed the dedication too. I remember seeing unboxings of their special edition before I read the book and noticing it and being like “well that was a weird choice” :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I just realized how blithely I click into spoiler-hidden text on the forum. I should not do that in the Currently Reading topic.

EDIT: But that spoiler actually made me even more intrigued about the book, so? Win?

11 Likes

“Spoilers” either make me more interested or help me know a book/movie/game isn’t for me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I just smashed through “How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories” by Holly Black so fast I forgot to post that I was reading it here! It’s the new novella/short story collection that pairs with her Folk of the Air series. It’s very cute, and a very fast read (150ish illustrated pages).

7 Likes