The Currently Reading Super Topic

I have not, but I always dig a recommendation! :cjheart:

7 Likes

Also acceptable!!! PLEASE show off your pretty books. We love them. We need them.

7 Likes

Ooooo, there are so many interesting and good books that people are turning through right now!

I’m currently getting prepped for Cosmos & Times’ book club run, but I’ve also been working on the first volume of Lumberjanes (it’s one of the funniest comic books that I’ve read so far, though that’s limited by the fact I haven’t read a lot of funny or happy comics :joy:). I’m also listening you the audiobook for Turtles All the Way Down, which is great and had really added to my experience of the book in a way that I don’t think would have been as impactful if I’d just read it to myself.

10 Likes

I have a spare copy of Lady Killers that I’m looking to pass on if anyone is interested :eyes:

7 Likes

It’s happening!!

13 Likes

I’m 32% in according to my kindle app.

7 Likes

I actually jumpstarted because I’m a slow reader, finished Interview, and am rereading The Vampire Lestat now!

51iJLfk8zLL

11 Likes

In addition to Cosmos and Time, I’m going to start working on The Belly of the Atlantic this week since that is what I need to read next for my study abroad program! I’m also hoping to get a hold of a few more free graphic novels (I have been reading them with the help of Amazon Prime reading, so far, so if there are any on there that you suggest, please let me know)!

Oh, and I finished up both Lumberjanes and Turtles All the Way Down, and they were both great (though for very, very different reasons).

12 Likes

I’m about 75% done with The Power by Naomi Alderman. It’s…interesting. Definitely a thinking book, and I’m very much in the mood for something lighter next.

10 Likes

oh MAN I have a lot of thoughts on that book lmk when you finish

8 Likes

So I just finished and I have many thoughts and feelings. omg.

10 Likes

RIGHT. I read it with a book club, which was interesting because I came out of it thinking it was like the best book I had read in a long time, and then the group pointed out a lot of “flaws” in things like plausibility and pacing, but I thought even just as a thought experiment it was so interesting the way it ends up completely reversing gender roles etc

10 Likes

Man, I wish I read this with a book club. I know for a fact my roommate will not read this book so I’ve got no one to vent to in person. The biggest negative for me/my reading experience was definitely how frequently the time jumped…I found myself forgetting how long of a gap was supposed to be between different events and it made it feel like the whole thing happened in a few months instead of the 10(?)-ish years it was supposed to be. But I thought the characters were really interesting and THAT ENDING.

But I’m also like, holding off on my GoodReads review for a while until I can sort out my feelings properly :joy:

9 Likes

Am now reading:

11 Likes

OMG I NEED TO PICK UP MY COPY I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR AMANDA LOVELACE!!! I have all of the books she’s published!! I’m so excited for that one if you couldn’t tell!!!

10 Likes

Okay, can now say I’ve read Interview with the Vampire.

10 Likes

I just finished it too!!! That ending is such a cliffhanger but I think I need a change of pace before I read the next one… Something a little bit lighter, perhaps :joy:

10 Likes

Current reading list:

Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits (A new favorite, a must read for witchy inclined mounties)

Alice in Wonderland (For my surrealism class, it’s a reread but I’m loving it just as much this time around)

A novel by a friend, who kindly asked me to look at the manuscript, also a new favorite.

13 Likes

Per my librarian friend’s recommendation: York: The Shadow Cipher

12 Likes

That is a pretty book.

adds to the never-ending TBR list

10 Likes