The Currently Reading Super Topic

I got that book last year but juuuuuust a bit too late to read for spooky season, so I was thinking of reading that soon!

8 Likes

oh, you mean the only horror I can handle??

10 Likes

Next up on the docket is my October BotM “The Invisible Life of Addie Lurue,” by V.E. Schwab which is about a young lady who makes a Faustian bargain.

Unless my wife steals it before I finish my current read, in case which I’m going to dive into “Deadly Education (The Scholomance #1)” by Naomi Novik, which is per the blurb " set at Scholomance, a school for the magically gifted where failure means certain death (for real)."

9 Likes

I’m honestly obsessed with vampire stories, so they never get old to me.

I had my twihard phase in middle school, and I’m not proud of it, but it was my gateway into Dracula, Carmilla, Byzantium, Only Lovers Left Alive, etc. Etc. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve got Cemetery Boys up next but I plan on finishing out the month with Dracula!!

And @Augustus_Octavian, I saw Deadly Education in a book store the other day and thought it was so stunning. That map on the inside cover!!

9 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m definitely going to have to check that out. I really liked the original trilogy, but I haven’t read the king of scars duology or six of crows yet.

8 Likes

I just finished Johnathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. It was so good, and I’m torn between wanting MOREMOREMORE or allowing the book to stand on its own since it really was such a great ending.

Now I need to get cracking and finish reading Secret Society, The Natural, and Night Shadows. while I wait for my hold on The Dark Fantastic by Ebony Elizabeth Thomas to come in.

11 Likes

If anyone likes Sci-fi novels, I highly recommend Galaxy’s Edge. GE: Legionaries is the first book in the series and as I found out recently, alot of the books are written or co-writen by military veterans, so the combat reads amazingly.

6 Likes

Dunno if it’s themed, but contemplating reading Daughter of the Forest next

6 Likes

Time Magazine just put out the 100 Best Fantasy Books of All Time! Lots of our favorites on here:

10 Likes

Currently I’m reading The House On Mango Street.
It had been required reading sometime in high school or college, but I never read it after having bought it at B&N, and good thing the teacher never got around to quizzing us on it. But I feel like now, I have a better chance of appreciating what I thought boring at the time.
Also racial awareness in reading choices. This is coming after I just finished reading Mindy Kaling’s “What About Me?”

11 Likes

I got Legendborn in my owlcrate for this month and I dont remember being this excited to read a book in months!

8 Likes

I’ve heard SUCH good things about Legendborn.
Also, I cannot recommend Cemetery Boys enough. I have less than 100 pages left and it’s taking all of my will power to not curl up in bed and spend the whole day reading. :laurencry:

8 Likes

:sob: I’ve gone and done it again, stayed up well past bed time to finish King of Scars, first read of it and loved it. Go to buy the next book and find it’s pre-order for release in March 2021. :sob:

8 Likes

Re: Legendborn - Welp. Another book on the wishlist.
Now on to Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier.

6 Likes

I’m starting Chain of Gold (Cassandra Clare) today. Anyone read it?

3 Likes

I’m actually in the midst of my introduction to Cassandra Claire…I saw lots of people getting excited about Chain of Gold so I figured I’d give the Shadowhunters a try! I’m only on book 5 of The Mortal Instruments though, so I’ve got a long way to go before I get to that one :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Thinking of getting started on World War Z.

9 Likes

I love the Mortal Instruments series. I got the 10th anniversary CE for my Christmas a couple years ago.

8 Likes

That’s a good time!
I really enjoyed the way it was formatted, made it all the more interesting ~

8 Likes