The Cabinet (General On/Off Topic Thread)

Better yet, shoot me a dm on discord! Im chiyoko! Pretty sure you have access to it now, right?

Also, the baritone things kinda funny. I was taught to sing womans alto in an all female choir for 3 years in middleschool, i only started singing tenor like i do now because my voice matured to the point i couldnt fake it anymore xP ive been singing 9 years, now, its crazy to think about how far ive come compared to back then.

6 Likes

I do indeed, kudos to @Revenir :slight_smile: Iā€™ll message you after work then, technically got it on my phone but the bills wonā€™t pay themselves :wink:

And as for singing - well, I know the pain haha My friend tries to teach me singing but I still sound like a frog on a razor :joy:

As for faking an alto - I might have something for you :wink: https://youtu.be/HABEHXu40fw

6 Likes

Mkay, that was too good xD hit the nail so hard it split the plank of wood clean down the middle and started a fire with the friction, but it was great xP

5 Likes

That was hilarious. Lots of soprano hate in the comments though lol. Thatā€™s okay, we probably deserve it.

5 Likes

As a mezzo/alto, yep. Though tbh it used to be the other way around in my school choirs as we had like 10 altos (no guys) and only I could half sing a sop part, so Iā€™d take whatever harmony they needed.

5 Likes

If it comforts you, tenors arenā€™t that popular either. Mostly because when they start to fully perform, they either sound really sobby or like complete divas :joy:

4 Likes

i think we can all agree that anyone in choir have intense rivalries with each other and nobody is good at everything and also screw soprano jkjk

4 Likes

In my old choir, it was soprano vs bass rivalry I remember best. Theyā€™d tease us because we couldnā€™t get the melody right, and then theyā€™d have a hard time remembering that one note. The only note they had to sing the whole song but it was just too hard :aethereyeroll: no sympathy for them.
Really though, I always liked tenors. They may be dramatic, but at least they can stay on key somewhat reliably unlike the altos

4 Likes

For bass, I can only say that itā€™s EXTREMELY difficult to stay in your register, especially if you have to belt your way through the song.

I think that the worst place is for mezzosopranos and baritones cause itā€™s a constant identity crisis - either too high or too low. At some point you just want to stand back and be like that girl from Altoā€™s Lament but throwing batons at everyone :tedevil:

Also, find me bands that donā€™t overabuse sopranos and tenors :3

5 Likes

What is this?!? What type of chaos have you caused the Balimorans?!?
Hisses

6 Likes

Dont you know by now? WE ARE CHAOS! AHAHAHAHAH

7 Likes

We are the entropy. We stand in between :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Hey friends!

Regardingā€¦ stickers. For those of you who like, buy, and/or use stickers please share your thoughts belowā€¦ for reasons. :cjtea:

Generally, What Size Do You Prefer?

• 1 Inch
  • 1-2 Inches
  • 2-3 Inches
  • 3 Inches

0 voters

What Finish Do You Prefer?

• Matte
  • Glossy

0 voters

6 Likes

Happy birthday to our wonderful @Revenir :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::gift:

19 Likes

Happy late birthday @Revenir! Sorry In so late.

6 Likes

I like how Sabes is more worried about Woolie being taken then Catherine :deirdrexd:

11 Likes

such concern for my safety!!! :aethereyeroll:

12 Likes

Iā€™m back! Kinda at least lol, having account issues atm, but trying to sort it out with CJ.

8 Likes

Happy Steveā€™s Day Mounties! :steve:

9 Likes

So @Cj_Heighton I super love your contribution to the Secret Orders thread, but I also need you to know that the name ā€œMister Orlovā€ makes me think of a very specific hockey player, whom I then imagined in a green robe and an animal mask, and it made my night.

8 Likes