The Book of Briars Novel - Error Report Topic

The narrative release for The Book of Briars has started!

As you read the released parts, if you find errors in spelling, formatting, or narrative conflicts please list them here.

And please use the spoiler brackets (located under the :gear: icon in the reply menu) to be sure no one is spoiled, thank you! :cjheart:

15 Likes

Page 8, last paragraph, I think this is a typo?:

"It’s broken break was clacking…

(I hope I did that right)

8 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

I went the screenshots and highlighter route. :laurensmile:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

9 Likes

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I’m addressing final little edits but my changes aren’t going back to my editor so there may still be little things like this that we miss. Much appreciated.

11 Likes

Page 7, last paragraph: "Scarves and books, rings and
keys, pens and bottles, and mirrors and books. "

Repeat on ‘book’

8 Likes

Could be repeat, could be enough books to merit repeating? :brandonthinking: [spoiler]Could also be written off as forgetting it was mentioned, since Ilya’s having memory issues and we’re following her?[/spoiler]

14 Likes

Aside from a few weird spacing things that I’m sure are because of things shifting due to Kindle settings, only noticed a couple things.

There’s a “toiler/shower”, and possibly a missing “a” re: her stack of books.

5 Likes

Chapter 1: “until she couldn’t bare another day” should, I believe, be “bear another day”
“cool enough to break it out” should have a comma after “out”

8 Likes

Definitely “bear”, which I know is right, and still wrote “bare.” :roll_eyes: thank you!

11 Likes

I do it all the time. Brain writes faster than fingers.

6 Likes

Chapter 3: “in the weeks since he’d been out the city” doesn’t quite sound right. “Out of the city” maybe?

4 Likes

Chapter 6: “Every (one) in a while”

4 Likes

Perhaps not an error per say, but I’m having trouble opening the ePubs version of the ebook file (I don’t have an e-reader)…Adobe Digital Editions used to work, but it won’t open the file now. Can someone suggest an ebook reader for Microsoft? Thanks!!

7 Likes

I want to say there was a Kindle app when I was using a Windows tablet. It seems like there’s a Kindle app for just about everything.

6 Likes

I blurred most of the screenshots, looked like it would be the easiest way to show where things were.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

5 Likes

I updated the files with these changes. Thank you. I’m pushing my editors to the edge with last minute changes. :grimacing:

6 Likes

Okay so originally I wasn’t going to try to read BoB until the entire thing was released. However, after reading these threads I lost all self-control. I tried downloading it last night but when I opened the Kindle app it said my book was not there, and when I went back to try and fix the problem it said the book has already been claimed. Any tips y’all? I do not speak technology.

9 Likes

:brandonthinking: I know that whenever I download something new that I have to refresh the app (rather than closing it) to get the new download(s) to show up.

Beyond that, I got nothing.

5 Likes

Hmmm, there’s no limit to claiming the book. My readers have priority access to help at Bookfunnel, maybe you should email them? They’ll be able to square it away immediately. You can email them at help@bookfunnel.com or go here Reader Help page : BookFunnel

5 Likes