The Book of Briars Novel - Error Report Topic

Actually, I think this ones on my sweet dying computer. Simple reboot and some updates seemed to fix the problem, and I was able to open the file no problem :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

“She’d put a lot (of) my professors to shame.”

3 Likes

I’ve been a bit behind, so I’m only on chapter 4 (but I’m using the most recent ARC version). At location 374 (there aren’t page numbers :grimacing:), it says “she had pulled two-foot-high stack of books.” It seems like it’s missing an “a” before two-foot-high, but I’m not sure!

8 Likes

Thank you!

6 Likes

*agitation

7 Likes

I had to fight with my autocorrect and editors to get it in, but “agita” is a word, (I swear!) though informal, and something I imagined Alistair would’ve picked up from the Italian-American families in her old neighborhood. :cjheart:

12 Likes

As an Italian-American, I often use that word and can vouch for it’s proper usage in this passage.

EDIT: Pronounciation: Ahj-ih-da.

10 Likes

My first mother in law constantly told me that I gave her agita. I’ve always liked that word.

13 Likes

My mom gave my grandmother agita, I gave my mom agita, my kids give me agita, and so the cycle continues.

12 Likes

Lol I had no idea! That’s a cool throw in, now that I know what it is. Has she used other unique words like that before?

Devil’s advocate though, it did feel a bit jarring to read what feels like such an obvious error. Pulled me out of the narrative. I think if she had verbalized it (even just muttered it to herself) I might have been more inclined to think it was a word I didn’t know and look into it. Just my two cents :cjheart:

4 Likes

Ah okay. It seems like Mobi isn’t recognizing Small Caps.

5 Likes

Dragon just gave me “DOS I’ll” for “docile,” so…

9 Likes

I was finally a good Weatherwatch and caught up to the end of the version I have over the past few (read: mostly the last two) days and OH MY GOSS, that was a lot. I had one “error” that I’ll post about later, but I wanted to say that I’m really loving this book and I’m so happy that I’m getting to read it early with the rest of you!

9 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to go through these and unlist them as I address these final changes and then reupload the ePub files.

4 Likes

All set and updated, thank you!

5 Likes

Edit: nevermind I think someone pointed this out already

3 Likes

Yeah, I got that, but thank you! :cjheart: I dictate a lot of my writing and my software has serious issue with homonyms. If you’re starting a reread, I suggest downloading the latest version from your account settings on the main site, or through the Bookfunnel email/app. I’ve addressed a lot of errors and am doing a final-final polish where I update the epub file chapter-by-chapter as I go. And if you want to wait, I’ll follow up when it’s all finished and officially ready to go!

8 Likes