Tetrahedron Assembly

Just clarifying, because I am open to all ideas. You believe that I should try even the dark tiled animals being upright too? I guess it is worth a shot

4 Likes

Maybe since the parrot piece, if “upright”, would be at the top of the tetrahedron you could try to build from the top down, using that as a starter? God, I hope I’m not just slowly driving you insane with bad advice… :head_bandage:

3 Likes

I just feel there’s usually some method or clue to madness like this…

4 Likes

Got it. All animals are upright. Will post pictures in one second

Sorry for the tape. This seems like it could be correct. All gold pieces are connected to their corresponding piece (goat/deer, ferret/fish, etc.). And all animals are upright

12 Likes

Very nice job @Brendon! And great idea about the gold animals being half fragments names, @Nahemah!

You two are our heroes!

6 Likes

Did we do it??

3 Likes

Potentially. We still have an assessment to do. That will tell us if this is right or not :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah

2 Likes

It’s good to see things coming together! Sadly I’m gonna be really busy for the next few hours, so I can’t work on the assessment.

3 Likes

I could work on the assessment but… Well I don’t really know what the answers are. I guess I just don’t understand whats being asked.

4 Likes

Me too, i dont know where to start on it

2 Likes

Uh, @Brendon? The Book just made one teensy update to your post. Click the word “correct.”
Congratulations, you guys solved The Translation! And @Nahemah definitely cracked that case. Go team!
:sunny::dash::hammer_pick::ocean::thought_balloon::leaves:
I assume we’ll need what’s on the other end of that link for the second part of the Assessment.

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is so neat! Great job guys!!

2 Likes

That is so cool! I am just going to have this up on my computer always.

@TheBellsAreRinging - take a look at my post above where it says the word “correct”. Now we all have access to the completed Translation

3 Likes

I’ve just been spinning it back and forth for the past five minutes, geeking out.

6 Likes

Where do we go from here?

3 Likes

Am I the only one who can’t hear that question without thinking of Buffy? @Furia, it seems the completed Translation is the key to solving the second half of the assessment.

According to the book, this test is about retention and intuition which I think means we’ll have to remember some things and educated-guess some things to solve it.

5 Likes

I dont know if i can say this but we are all stuck on the second part right?

3 Likes

Dude, that 3D model is so cool! :heart_eyes: Color me impressed, book.

I’ve been thinking about the assessment, and I wonder if maybe we’re meant to consider the traits of the animals as well as their location? Perhaps the tetrahedron is supposed to narrow down our choices, but we have to use our intuition on what each animal means symbolically to get the right choice?

4 Likes

Should we break them down? In to what we think they are?

2 Likes