SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

Here’s what I came up with for Paris so far, using Opera-Comique (La Salle Favart) and Notre Dame (Hausmann’s sanctuary) as two definite points.

Here’s the link to the map I’m working off of: Fletcher Dawson Locations - Google My Maps The spots the other stars land on don’t really match to any other clues, as I can see them.

3 Likes

Okay, it looks like we’ve narrowed down the list further.
The current cities that could be answers to the lock are: Montreal, Paris, Quebec, St. Petersburg, Moscow, and Rome.
With a teeny-tiny possibility of Mexico City, and I mean tiny.

2 Likes

Two things,

1. From what ive seen, it looks like everything is kinda coming under control. and where exactly is this missive from '98?

2. Has anyone checked the book recently? It’s…uh…in a bad way. (no idea if im the first to notice or its old news.)

2 Likes

The missive has been found and we’ve seen the book, not very good.

2 Likes

now to look through the missive (if i can find it in the forum/here) and yeah. i was a little thrown by that.

2 Likes

Erm what’s the massive?

1 Like

It’s a series of clues.

We so don’t use it very much, but here:

Sorry it took so long to follow up on your request, I knew I remembered those names from somewhere but had to do some digging to find the source.
Galifanx, Gladitor, and Durkonos are objects in ‘The Myth of Elainnor’ by author Fletcher Dawson. They’re names of a shield, sword, and helmet, respectively. There’s a fourth object, but all we have on record is a partial summary of the story. Another librarian I work with thinks the missing piece might be armor (using context clues and process of elimination.)
Hope this helps. What are you working on, btw?
ADDED 6/06/17
Just wanted to give you a heads up that there was a document filed along with the myth summary. I don’t know if it’s related or misfiled (I didn’t even see it in the folder yesterday.) but it’s a list labeled “possible celestial bodies.”
Ring any bells?
Dying to know what you’re working on…
Rumyantsev
Vieux Haven
Cristossangre
Wallonia’s Second
Harmony’s Discourse
The Royal Hoop
Victoire
Bersimis-1
Capucines
Player’s Frigate
Sadovaya
The Swallow
Haussmann’s Sanctuary
Obregón’s Requiem
Sallefavart
Argonauta
Moskva’s Curve
Forgotten Forest
Legorreta’s Interior
Zeus’ Meadow

2 Likes

Ah ok so they are the celestial clues that we believe to be from Dawsons newsletter. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

1 Like

Along with these clues:

I went back over the docs.
There’s a scrap of paper that may or may not be connected…
It has two additional entries:
Maximilian’s Execution
Continuous Pedagogical
Also, the original doc is torn after “Sadovaya” and the tear nearly matches the new scrap. If it’s connected, the full phrase would be “Sadovaya Malthusian”
Sorry for the incomplete update. Whatever you locate, please update us. We’d love to add your findings to the library.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly right! So we found his website http://www.fletcherdawson.com/
and we believe that each clue will map a constellation in 4 cities for the four constellations. (i think).

2 Likes

And these are the cities we’ve narrowed down. Yes, I did quote myself.

3 Likes

I feel like there’s probably more to the Fall '98 newsletter that the Fletcher Dawson site mentions, but we probably have the part that’s actually useful.
After that 2.5 clue addition that popped up last week, I’ve been checking back to the source just to make sure there aren’t any more late additions (Continuous Pedagogical, though about the same length as the other longer clues, sounds like something else is missing at the end, not to mention that there are 23 stars and 22 clues).

2 Likes

I’d found that a page about the Engineer’s Castle (also had a couple other names) on Sadovaya was designed/ordered to be built by someone who was a master of “Malthusian Order.”

Link again for easy access:

3 Likes

Thanks! St. Petersburg is already one we have narrowed it down to!

2 Likes

I took another look at Legoretta’s works and when they were built: Madrid’s off the list (2000s).
In addition to the boat load in Mexico City, there’s one in Sao Paulo and three in Los Angeles that are 1998 or earlier.

4 Likes

So where are we at?
Paris, Quebec and St Petersberg down as highly likely?

So taking the obvious no hits off the challenge list we get left with
Mexico City
Moscow
Crete
Rome
Athens

3 Likes

just tried them all non work
in that order atleast

2 Likes

I think if we can just fit one constellation into the points of one city, the rest will fall into place pretty easily. I tried Durkonos on the Paris points this morning, to no avail. Aorthora actually fits pretty well, but the “missing” star (all the way to the left) falls on a restaurant called “Derriere,” which while humorous, doesn’t quite fit what we’re looking for.

2 Likes

see what is bugging me is the line from the lost athenaeum

Galifanx, Gladitor, and Durkonos are objects in ‘The Myth of Elainnor’ by author Fletcher Dawson. They’re names of a shield, sword, and helmet, respectively. There’s a fourth object, but all we have on record is a partial summary of the story. Another librarian I work with thinks the missing piece might be armor (using context clues and process of elimination.)

do we know is any of the cities relate to those items either through name or historical events
(i might be on a completely wrong track just a thought XD)

2 Likes

I found this thread on the forum; http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/constellations-fragments-nine-twelve/1035/58

2 Likes