SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

I took another look at Legoretta’s works and when they were built: Madrid’s off the list (2000s).
In addition to the boat load in Mexico City, there’s one in Sao Paulo and three in Los Angeles that are 1998 or earlier.

4 Likes

So where are we at?
Paris, Quebec and St Petersberg down as highly likely?

So taking the obvious no hits off the challenge list we get left with
Mexico City
Moscow
Crete
Rome
Athens

3 Likes

just tried them all non work
in that order atleast

2 Likes

I think if we can just fit one constellation into the points of one city, the rest will fall into place pretty easily. I tried Durkonos on the Paris points this morning, to no avail. Aorthora actually fits pretty well, but the “missing” star (all the way to the left) falls on a restaurant called “Derriere,” which while humorous, doesn’t quite fit what we’re looking for.

2 Likes

see what is bugging me is the line from the lost athenaeum

Galifanx, Gladitor, and Durkonos are objects in ‘The Myth of Elainnor’ by author Fletcher Dawson. They’re names of a shield, sword, and helmet, respectively. There’s a fourth object, but all we have on record is a partial summary of the story. Another librarian I work with thinks the missing piece might be armor (using context clues and process of elimination.)

do we know is any of the cities relate to those items either through name or historical events
(i might be on a completely wrong track just a thought XD)

2 Likes

I found this thread on the forum; http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/t/constellations-fragments-nine-twelve/1035/58

2 Likes

XD ok so it matches the theory now we just need to find armour

thanks rimor

2 Likes

Are there any clues that we still have no idea whatsoever on?

2 Likes

Stating the obvious now but I just really got started on this this morning.

Man it is SO easy to say “Oh yeah, just plot a few points you are sure of, overlay the constellations until one fits, then work backwards to find the others.” In practice, it’s really difficult to do, especially given how few confirmed specifics we have. I might as well have said “Oh you want to climb Everest? Simple, just keep going up.”

Those of you who have gotten as far as you have, I salute you.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s why we started with the global mapping when only a couple of us realised we had something, which got it rolling, then it got down to city mapping…deffo information overload now.

One of you guys whose been beavering the past week will crack something. I think most of the leg work is done its just fine tuning and elimating the un-needed locations (like if we have 10 in France and we need 6)

6 Likes

Another spot for Haussmann’s Sanctuary, and I think it might be the one.

I found it when I was trying to lay Durkonos on the map. I put the far corners on Place de la Concorde and Théatre National de l’Opéra Comique, and the center point was close enough to the pin for Place Vendôme that it could be where the convent was. The inner points are a bit iffy, but the point on the curve was on this church, which has Haussmann all over it!

I’m going to test the other constellations with this new point in mind.

9 Likes

Awesome find!

2 Likes

Ok, so we have the cities mostly nailed down, now we need to focus on the order they go in.

2 Likes

well, the order is the easy part as we’re asked abotu the citied based on the constellations

But yeah, we have Paris as Durkonos, and what else?

2 Likes

I updated my maps with Saint-Augustine as Haussmann’s Sanctuary and St. Michael/Engineer’s Castle in St. Petersburg as Sadovaya Malthusian.

We have a bunch of clues that might work for multiple cities, thanks to the astute research and knowledge base we have going from all of us Mounties! I say we should now go back and cut out any extraneous clues on a map of Paris that don’t fit into Durkonos, and see where else they fit better!

3 Likes

I found the one for Haussmann’s Sanctuary while trying Durkonos, but I think Paris may be Galifanx.

3 Likes

I also had it pinned as Gladitor at one point, so yeah…

3 Likes

I tried Gladitor several ways with the new Haussmann, but there were always two or three points that either didn’t have anything or seemed like they could be something, but it wasn’t very clear what.

3 Likes

Please ignore me, saw something and got excited, but I was wrong.

4 Likes

Happens to all of us.

2 Likes