SOLVED: Fragment Twelve: Spell Creation

Are we ready to finalize the set up of the spell, then?

5 Likes

I think so

3 Likes

Is there someone who would be willing to write out what, exactly, we’ve decided to do? Reason being, we’ve discussed a lot of possibilities, so it seems like a good idea to make sure we’re all on the same page.

5 Likes

Just to revisit this and remind everyone, we are light magiq users only. Let’s stick with that :sparkles:

14 Likes

Thanks @Kelsey. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

This is the phrase: [quote=“VictorianFlorist, post:97, topic:1016”]
The Ore of the earth is black like coal
The Tides conceal what lies beneath
The Wilds surround and swallow you whole
The Light untouching around you wreathes
The Aether now your sound has stole
And The Thoughts of you from all minds have slidden
Now carry on and say these words:
By The Six I am now hidden.
[/quote]

Then, one member of each guild will say their line, while the rest of the guilds will chant the last two lines. We will probably have a sigil to focus it on KS and our members. Is this all correct?

5 Likes

Would we be doing this via another Google hangout? Or should we discuss alternatives so that people without mics/cameras/having to maintain a persona mundanus would be able to participate?

2 Likes

So are we just doing the one spell or are all the guilds still putting something forward?

3 Likes

A good place to it for those without mikes is discords, but a lot of people don’t want to do it.

1 Like

Looks like one person from each guild, which I would like to watch happen, maybe even volunteer.

2 Likes

I am out of town and in meetings all day on May 31st, so I won’t be able to participate in the actual event, but I can help out in any way I can leading up to that. You guys are rocking it!! Super proud to be a Mountie right now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So the object creation would be the actual sigil/glyph. Any thoughts about donning blindfolds as the ritual action component of the spell?

3 Likes

Also, since our targets are KS employees via screens and not rescuer/ee teams should we say “By the Six, you are now blinded” rather than “I am now hidden”? Do we make up a new rhyme to sub out for “slidden”?

3 Likes

If I had known these things before, I would have never suggested it. My apologizes everyone, I was just trying to be helpful.

9 Likes

Also, once the incantation, ritual movement and object are codified, should we think about practicing or even testing the spell out first before we attempt to cast it on Wednesday?

5 Likes

I agree that we should try it out first, just to suss out any side effects like spell sickness, if it actually functions, accidentally triggering the Oncoming Storm and destroying the world. Ya know, small stuff like that.

5 Likes

For the random aspect I was just thinking, what about something like that cup and ball game. You know with three cups and a ball under one. It’s equal parts random and conealment oriented. Just throwing it out there

6 Likes

Especially if you take it the magic route with trick balls and slight of hand. Only the magician knows where the ball is. The audience is enraptured and absolutely focused on trying to find a ball that isn’t there.

5 Likes

How would we incorporate that into the spell though? Maybe we could extinguish a flame, or shroud a photo.

4 Likes

Suggestion on the wording

And The Thoughts of you all minds must sheath
Now carry out the task you were bidden
By the Six you are now hidden.

Allows the six elements to be rhyming triplets and the last two lines to rhyme while keeping the same intent.

11 Likes