SOLVED: Fragment Ten: Gladitor : The Office of Kemetic Solutions

I like this train of thought, and it ties on to fragment 5 where we needed the name of the animal to get farther into the Cagliostro site.

All I can find on the topic is

Arcturus is one of the brightest and most easily recognized stars in the northwestern sky. Located in the constellation of Boötes, this orange giant is at its most prominent during springtime in the Northern Hemisphere.

5 Likes

You may be onto something.

The star is a six pointed star, or hexagram.

It is very reminisent of the Star of David
Image result for star of david

4 Likes

I was looking exactly into that, I also think it might be the road to the solution.

3 Likes

It’s a slightly different version of the hexagram used for the star of david though, with one triangle overlapping another entirely. I swear I’ve seen that icon before somewhere…but for the life of me I can’t remember where.

4 Likes

So have I, maybe alchemy or a sigil?

3 Likes

I found this:

It relates to alchemy I think.

5 Likes

I’ve been looking into it. there is just so much symbolism behind hexagrams. They were used in occultism, freemasonry, judeism. The list goes on and on. Most of the ones I’ve found thus far were solid or knotted.

3 Likes

I’d say any uses of it in Egyptian languages (based on the Egyptian origin of Kemetic) or the Rosicrucian’s (Cagliostro has a historical tie to their order and he used one of their temples for his big performance) would be promising leads.

5 Likes

It’s the symbol of aether/ether in alchemy (which originated in the middle east/Egypt)

5 Likes

I had to research this one (going into our archives is research at times). The guild that we associated the element ‘Aether’ with when we did the ‘Calling the Corners’ in fragment 8 was Gossmere… which is in the NW of the guild crest.

Is that a coincidence that that somehow ties the star and ‘NW’ together? Is my tin foil hat on too tight?

For history sake here were the 6 elements and the guilds we believe they matched.

Weatherwatch: Light
Gossmere: Aether
Flinterforge: Ore
Ebenguard: The Tides
Thornmouth: Thought
Balimora: The Wild

9 Likes

It seems more than a coincidence to me…

4 Likes

I don’t like the sound of that. Why are they interested in Gossmeres? I’m suddenly feeling all protective of our fine-feathered friends.

9 Likes

Perhaps we will need the help of a @Gossmere to solve this?

3 Likes

Or it’s about a former gossmere

3 Likes

I believe it will have something to do with the gossmere, but, it may need something else? like the name of a star or constellation? if only because thats what seems to be our theme for this set of fragments. i could be fairly off base here too

4 Likes

What was the constellation name we got for the planet of the top disc on the left page? That’s the closest approximation to NW we can get from the prior Fragment.

4 Likes

The 6 constellations we had in Fragment 9 with their planets are listed below.

Not sure which is Top left, but for laziness sake I just tried all 6 just now as k.s/constellation and no luck.

Maybe a constellation maps with each guild like an element and direction do?

MERCURY Disc - Corvus
VENUS Disc - Aquila
EARTH - Lepus
JUPITER Disc - Mriga
SATURN - Galifanx
NEPTUNE - Vulpecula

3 Likes

It had the alchemical symbol for Earth on it.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the planet/constelation that’s NW of that same constelation you are talking about @Chordie

2 Likes

I’m here!

3 Likes