SOLVED: Fragment Seven: Yule

In the short term do we know what we’re looking for? Not entirely. Sullivan has us following him to various points on the globe for some reason.

The book he’s referring to hiding is from Deidre is, I assumed, the Book of Briars, but that’s purely a guess on my part. Maybe it’s another journal.

In the long term the 7th fragment should be an animal. We believe this is the ‘fauna’ key we’re working on. It probably has a semi latin name. As Brachursis was vaguely bear-like (ursis/ursine) and Gallaskulk was vaguely chicken like (gallus). That’s the big end goal anyway.

5 Likes

I guess we need to wait for more some more information to pop up, because we have no idea what we are chasing in this fragment!

2 Likes

Maybe someone mentioned this but I also noticed a few green dots around the triptychs. I wonder why they are there.

Also, I wonder if Cags is watching us and we just helped them find the “final piece” - though that’s not to say they didn’t figure it out on their own.

4 Likes

I think there was a 4th we missed. I was reading all of Lauren’s emails and she says “I checked the journal. I noticed a new mark on the outer pages… (I’ve updated the index) so I opened the “triptych” and two new passages have appeared along with a new symbol.”

Did anyone catch where that mark was before the pages changed?

2 Likes

Maybe the ones i posted in the other forum?

2 Likes

Tryptich

3 Likes

Great find @Ricardo :spy:

5 Likes

Thanks, i also noted those dots but i thought they were aesthetics only. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I also noticed the dots and that the floorplan fits nicely into the circles.
If you try to simply lay aech page over the other, the circles do not fit in each other- im not sure if thats intended…so I tried to adjust them until they fit in the final symbol. And then put the floorplan on top.
I thought the dots would maybe point to some of the seats or on the star-constellations which are on the original symbol (which I can not find right now) - But in that way they don´t make any sense to me…

Another random thought - there are 4 dots and we have 4 locations… could that be connected?

3 Likes

I feel like “home” means something, or should mean something. These points are all over the map but he mentions them leading us (her?) home, where he hid the spell he created.

5 Likes

Also, don’t forget that we also have the

18T 586398 4511820 coordinates that are in the floorpan file, these coordinates lead to Grand Central Terminal in New York, USA. I don’t know if this is “home” or anything close to it but it’s worth mentioning.

3 Likes

Plus we need to know what do they mean by “i’ve discovered four of the six elements” what are these elements? And it also claims that “her potential life must be crafted in her true life’s place” So many questions!

3 Likes

The six elements could be related to the six magic guilds (gossamer, flinterforge, etc.) since the triptych looks very similar to the guild compass. How cool would it be if the “fauna” we were looking for was the hippocampus of Ackerly Green?

5 Likes

Good points! New York would also be “home” to the hippocampus (Ackerly Green), to Sullivan, and even Deidre before she was taken to Ireland, which seems to be when he wrote this. And this always seems to come back to the big apple. I just don’t know how China, Hungary, France and the U.K. lead to NYC so maybe ignore me.

5 Likes

Well before he became professionally homeless, Sullivan did travel the world ‘collecting artifacts’ according to his attorney. We might be recreating one of Sullivan’s trips trying to gather things. Much like we recreated Brandon’s final days so we could unravel what happened to him, we may be doing the same for Sullivan and Deidre now.

Edit: To agree with what someone said above Sullivan may have found the ‘four elements’ he needed at these four locations. We are probably recreating the trip he gathered the ingredients for his last big spell. That was likely obvious to everyone before this, but I’m slow today.

5 Likes

Good point. I was hoping to shoehorn in “home” but maybe it’s not as simple as that.

2 Likes

I was playing with the names of the places to see if maybe they were an anagram of some kind. Gansu, Brierly, Mor, Lye That seemed like a bit of a dead end so I just tried putting the names together. When I put Mor and Gansu together (MorGansu) it reminded me of how western words are spoken in Japanese (they use a syllabary so most of the ends of words end with a kind of vowel sound). So that would be Morgan, right? If I put the last two together like LyeBrierly it sort of sounds like library. And there is a Morgan Library in New York. I’ll be honest, it feels like wishful thinking to me, like I’m trying to force a square peg in a round hole, but it may be worth exploring just in case. Thoughts?

11 Likes

Maybe wishful thinking but I’ve seen crazier ideas come true. I think it’s rather clever actually.

6 Likes

I agree, I think it’s really clever

4 Likes

And lest we forget, this wouldn’t be the first time that Library has been touched by Ackerly Green:

If you’re correct that was excellent sleuthing. :)

4 Likes