SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

also remember one i is capitalized. that matters for bit,ly

5 Likes

The B could also be capitalized as well, since we have one b and one B.

We should be careful going to those links, though. You never know what youā€™re going to find at the end of a random bit.ly link.

5 Likes

pops back in when people are talking about letters
Herja and Herla both have pretty cool myths. And HERDA is a horse disease (probs not it). Also Herta is a semi-common Eastern European name (i only know that bc my friend took Russian and everyone was always named Vladimir and Herta).

Google also gave me herba as a Latin word, herea as some moths, Herga as a place in India, heroa as a group of statues, Herpa as a German manufacturing company, and herra/Herra from Scandinavian languages.

11 Likes

Sanvig is an anagram for Saving. But that b is still up in the air

5 Likes

Byte - in that spelling is the computer memory unit.

In the Climber link ā€œfollowed the path of woolā€ really stood out to me. What does it mean, please?

In Free - Sanvig, I found a Spanish security firm that uses Sanvig as an acronym, or itā€™s a danish rooted surname.

7 Likes

As far as the path of wool, we learned about that recently from Deirdreā€™s blog. The gist of it is this - there used to be two groups of people who knew about magiq and that the world had been changed. Each group created a trail of clues, so that a person with enough determination could follow it and learn the truth. The names of those two trails were the path of wool and the path of silver. In her most recent post, Deirdre expands on who the creators of those paths were.

So, long story short? The Mountaineerā€™s ancestors were people who chose to follow a trail of clues called the path of wool, and that allowed them to learn about magic and join the secret society that set the clues.

8 Likes

On the 117-2 page, could the pattern of dots mean anything? Iā€™ve been looking and Iā€™m struggling to find anything, but maybe someone else has an idea?

4 Likes

Gee, I leave for a weekend and you guys do all of this. I just finished getting caught back up, awesome work everyone!! I am going to start digging back in and helping where I can :slight_smile:

11 Likes

It could beā€¦ the sequence of dots between words (assuming this is relevant) is 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 2 with a blank line after the first two dots in the sequence. That all adds up to 13 (again, assuming some kind of relevance). The dots could be placeholders for missing links, since this page seems to have many linked page branching off from it.

We still donā€™t have really solid answers for at least two of the missing letters, either.

Iā€™m leaving the bit.ly possibilities to those with much more know-how. I donā€™t know what to do with that extra b (or B, as it might turn out). It seems like a pretty solid assumption, though, that Aether was leaving us a bit.ly.

3 Likes

vase?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing around with what we think is the bit.ly linkā€¦no luck so far, but I have got it to spell nibbly Sanvig, with a ./ left over. Pretty sure thatā€™s of no use, but it seemed vaguely funny :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I kind of presumed the dots/bullets meant there were 13 more adepts we havenā€™t heard about yet, but yeah, the sequence could mean something.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t really think the sequence mattered. Butā€¦ 13 more adepts theyā€™ve possibly kidnapped and studied? Scary thought.

The missing letters in the words (possibly all of them being names, or codenames)ā€¦ any more thoughts? Iā€™ve been playing with it for a few hours off and on.

Iā€™m just throwing things out at this point. If anyone has better ideasā€¦ :confused:

3 Likes

bit.ly/bsanvig took me here https://anonfile.com/72GfBabbb3/DH020026.jpg

Donā€™t know if it is anything?

5 Likes

I just clickedā€¦ super random. Eventually led me to a tarot reading page. I donā€™t know that itā€™s relevant. Will keep looking.

4 Likes

I clicked the download button under the photograph and got a pdf - I assumed it was just the photograph itself but just opened it and itā€™s a page from a New Zealand newspaper - not sure how to share it on here!

2 Likes

It did something different for me. Photo of kindly looking older doctor. Download got me the same photo. Hmmmm

5 Likes

Tell me more about this tarot page. That I can help with.

2 Likes

Do you have dropbox?

2 Likes

No - Iā€™ll set myself up. But to be honest now Iā€™m really confused about where the download came from! I canā€™t seem to get it to happen again! Could be a complete red herring.

4 Likes