SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

With the email from the book, I’m working on attempting to find meaning:

A malevolence as yet unseen
Means to gather power
(Teddy or the company he works for?)
By breaking the poor mountaineer
And crushing the young flower
(AETHER is the young mountaineer, but the flower part confuses me…his gift or Spirit?)
It’s time to dive deeper still
A mystery to test your will
(The video)
A fractured mind, a vicious byte
Another fragment’s taken flight
(Could Aether have suffered a psychotic break because of the experiments, was he pushed to his limit and manipulated into sending that video…maybe to lure more of us…or could so,experiments of us thing dark taken over him?)

What are you guys thinking? Am I missing something?

2 Likes

This is probably pointing to Portencia. The page about her says the following:

“I believe she’s been fractured. The best way I can describe it. Her mind has been shattered by the sessions.”

6 Likes

The poor mountaineer is the person they’re calling “Climber” - “She has been a “mountaineer” for generations.”

Crushing the young flower might refer to Portencia. Not sure on that, though.

Aether is fine. Well, as fine as he can be. Check out the page “Free.” At the very least, his mind is free and he’s exploring their systems. That’s how we’re getting all these new pages.

As far as the “malevolence as yet unseen” - hard to say. Could be Teddy (who we’ve heard but not seen yet), could be Kemetic Solutions, or it could be the Wander or Sweeper program that they’re using against their enemies (I guess that’s the thing responsible for the mind wiping?)

6 Likes

Do you think the missing letters in the page 117-2 mean anything?

2 Likes

Means to gather power
(Company, not Teddy)
(Climber is the poor mountaineer and Portencia is the flower)

(We have to keep going)
(Something else is coming)
(Portencia is the fractured mind but I am not quite sure what the byte is, I’ll research more later)
(WE ARE ON OUR WAY PEOPLE!!! WOOOOOOOH!!!)

6 Likes

Well, that answers my question!

Means to gather power

3 Likes

I wonder if we need to unscramble those, maybe? It’s definitely worth noting. So far, we have:

p rsonal - e
Her a - ???
Libra ies - r
Clo kwork - c
Gat s - e(?)
Va e - ???
Gu de - i(?)

5 Likes

Va e could be “vale” for valley, or goodbye/farewell.

Her a… still thinking on it.

3 Likes

Her a could be herma? Which is a weird greek statue.

3 Likes

If “va e” is “vase”, and “her a” is herma like Deyavi suggested, then that would give us “emrcesi”, which unscrambles to get “mercies”. Not sure if this is helpful though, since it doesn’t appear to unlock anything on the KS site.

5 Likes

Could the “vicious byte” be referring to Aether, considering that he has the knack for going into tech, and we’ve seen (or rather heard) many accounts of his rebelling agains K.S.?

5 Likes

It would likely be Aether, I would think, given his gifts.

5 Likes

I also noticed that, on the KS ‘Free’ page, certain characters are acting as “links”… But don’t go anywhere. Could just be my mobile acting up, though.

Trying to work on the go

4 Likes

Guys, I think this is a bit.ly link, but I can’t figure out what comes after the “/”

7 Likes

@Deyavi, good find. @Nahemah compiled the link letters here.

3 Likes

Bit.ly/

So that leaves us with: IbSagnv. I’m guessing there’s some method to this madness, maybe the order that they appear on the page? Or could the missing letters from the main page be a clue?

5 Likes

Sanvig, Aether said he was looking for Sanvig, or that we need to find them/it. I don’t know bit.ly, soooo…

3 Likes

Sanvig is what I thought as well, but there’s the extra “b” in there, right?

Is 117-2 a directory of Teddy’s?

5 Likes

Well https://Bit.ly/Sanvig takes me to a foresquare swarm app for an address in Bandung, Indonesia … I’m guessing that’s not right/

6 Likes

Bit.ly is just a link shortener. It’s like, instead of having some long url, you can use bit.ly to make it tiny? So instead of a person having to type in longurlisverylong.com/abcdefg, they could just type in bit.ly/longurl.

Unfortunately, http://bit.ly/Sanvig goes to some random person’s FourSquare page and http://bit.ly/SanvIg goes nowhere. :sweat: Also there’s an extra b that isn’t accounted for, as well.

7 Likes