SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

Also, this is just what others have pointed out and I myself have noticed. If Portencia’s name is in reference to portents, and Augernon’s name is in reference to Augery/Auger (Auger being essentially an oracle/future teller/one who reads the omens), I would say that looking to the future is becoming increasingly important.

We aren’t stumbling around completely in the dark anymore. We need to focus on our objective and be prepared for all outcomes. We aren’t ready for a fight yet, but I think if we focus on our goals and understanding the lay of the land, we will be a lot closer to readiness than before. Just my take.

6 Likes

I started a new thread called the “storm”

4 Likes

Link to The Storm discussion.

3 Likes

@Firefish it didn’t have a link when I was looking at it last night… Maybe Aerher set it up while I was sleeping to make me look silly :grin::grin:
Darn rascal!!!

3 Likes

I keep thinking about how agitated Augie became when Marty mentioned Climber. I know that’s been said before, but it’s sticking with me. Especially… given her particular gifts.

Also, how’s everyone doing that performed the ritual yesterday? Still feeling under the weather? I woke up feeling like a truck hit me.

EDIT: Although, that part could be because of the wine.

5 Likes

That’s the spirit!

Climber keeps bugging me too. I’m trying to piece together what got Augie so agitated about her. Especially since he had been talking about some pretty serious topics even before that. So what’s so serious about Climber?

5 Likes

I can fully appreciate how her gift could be incredibly dangerous. Perhaps unpredictable, even. Perhaps even the moniker, “Climber,” belonged to an ancestor of hers. Augie might have known her parents.

Teddy’s description made her out to be an adult, old enough to take on a parental posture toward Portencia, but you don’t have to be particularly old for that to be the case. Particularly if centuries of ancestral memory has made you wise beyond your physical years.

5 Likes

Just a Few thoughts coming together. She has all of these memories of past Mountaineers, we’re speculating that she’s about the right age to be part of the '94, who we know were essentially wiped out by the storm, but she obviously survived. Could Auguie’s agitation come from the fact that because of her memories she knew the storm was coming, and managed to avoid it at the expense of the other? Which we’ve learned is the opposite of his approach to dealing with thing.

5 Likes

A similar train of thought had occurred to me as well. That route almost took me down a very paranoid :tinfoilhat: kind of road.

But she was taken captive, at her house no less, in the end. She allowed herself to be taken, as if she knew she couldn’t avoid it, or perhaps because she was waiting for a specific set of circumstances that would put her in position to do something… I don’t know… game-changing? To help us, or to help Portencia?

4 Likes

I’m going to play devil’s advocate mainly for the purpose of helping us get our thoughts together and look from every angle.

I don’t know about you, but I personally have a hard time remembering a lot of my own life, let alone someone else’s. Considering just the vast amount of ancestors a person can have, that’s a LOT of memories to sort through. Even only going back four generations, that’s 30 different lives total to look through. Assuming that the 94 Mounties were the first in a long time to try to open the book of briars, that’s a huge amount to sift through.

Saying that she had the access doesn’t necessarily mean she had the information.

Secondly, she may have been fighting on another front, we can’t say for sure just yet. I’d rather believe the best in her, but look for the worst.

8 Likes

Resurrecting my idea of renewing our protection spell, as regardless of what this storm is or is not, it’s headed our way.

6 Likes

Sorry, I was out all day today, but I’d like to ask because after reading all the new post I could not quite understand:

Do you guys know what triggered the other pieces of the drawing to appear on Portencia’s page?

6 Likes

Another off-the-wall thought that occurred to me.

Portencia is “fragmented,” with an unknown number of other persons carrying pieces of her essence, or her mind, around with them.

What if a piece of her is in Aether, now? What if that’s how he knows to give us all of this information?

2 Likes

Crazy idea: What if we found a “fragment” of Portentia in Augie, allowing us to see more of the drawing?

10 Likes

I can’t say exactly what triggered the appearance, but there was only the first one there yesterday morning, and by the evening the other two were posted.

2 Likes

@Augustus_OctavianI I personally think that’s exactly what happened.

6 Likes

So what are we doing now? Or what should we be doing to further unlock the book of Briars? It needs to happen…Augie made that known. I know we all want to prepare for a storm but being as we don’t know how the others fell how prepared can we actually be? If anything continuing forward should give us some insight right?

3 Likes

Whelp, we unlock the Book of Briars by solving the remainder of the 16 Fragment puzzles. We have two more keys to obtain.

It’s possible that Portencia’s drawing holds another clue to solving the eleventh fragment.

5 Likes

Thanks @Endri. @Brit - It means we wait for Aether to give us more leads on in whom other fragments of Portentia lie, or search for more ourselves.

What about this Kendrick fellow mentioned in the Portentia post? I doubt he’s accessible, but even Ted says there’s a shard of Portentia likely buried in his mind.

Also, how are Augie and Portentia connected, other than being victims of mind-shattering processes?

2 Likes

I’d wager a bet that your guess is right, between the clue from the Book pointing toward Portencia and the information on http://kemetic.solutions/lachmann/ we know that KS was looking into tapping into adepts abilities through creativity, and this drawing could be an example of that.

The trick now is figuring out who else she has used her gift on to try and find another fragment. The only person we know 100% she has ever contacted was Aether.

2 Likes