SOLVED Fragment Eleven: Durkonos

Yes. And apparently, she has the Gift of ancestral memory. She inherited all knowledge - From Teddy’s notes, possibly even more than that - From her ancestors. She’s also uncommonly intelligent.

Edit: the implication was almost as if she, and her ancestors, share a common soul, so closely tied in is she. She, and her Ancestors, have possibly been Mounties for as long as we have existed.

3 Likes

Sounds like a Gossmere to me

3 Likes

Climber’s talent may very well be access to a Jung-esque “Collective Unconscious.” That’s what it reminds me of.

2 Likes

Which is taken from Koori myth, they believe that they can tap into “Dreamtime” and talk to every Koori that ever lived…

Does she have a confirmed guild?

3 Likes

Not that I’m aware of, no.

2 Likes

I really do get a Goss vibe from the whole connecting to ancestry thing… the book even talks about Goss warriors going in to battle with the hearts of those who came before beating inside them.

2 Likes

I would say that it’s hard to imagine her as any but Goss if she can connect to her ancestors. Gossamere is the people person guild, so the idea of the soul being able to link up with similar souls doesn’t seem too far fetched to me. Correct me if I’m wrong here.

2 Likes

I mean I’m a Goss so I’m biased but I would say you are correct.

2 Likes

Portencia: also a name related to doors, folks. Latin root, I think.

5 Likes

It is a Latin root. Port, meaning doorway, gateway, or opening. Actually, I believe -cia is a common Latin suffix as well. I’m not quite sure what the suffix means, I’ll have to look it up.

Edit: forgive me, that suffix just denotes the female gender.

4 Likes

In Portencia, I see “portent”, as in a sign or warning.

8 Likes

Augie… worryingly like Augery too. Another name related to omens.

4 Likes

We haven’t got to the door of the drawing yet…

5 Likes

And there appear to be people standing in front of it.
And the big window in the attic stands out to me. In Jungian psychology the house as a symbol represents the self. A basement would be the Id, the animalistic, infantile parts, the various rooms different aspects of the ego, and the attic the higher mind, the intellect. In her drawing that’s the only way to see out/in.

7 Likes

The pieces of the drawing we have now are also numbered. 5 then 3 then 4 in descending order.

5 Likes

Perhaps we have to collect pieces 2 and 1 to get this Fragment.

5 Likes

We’ve looked at the past of the mountaineers, with those from '94 last night. In doing so we got the piece with “the past” written on it. Maybe we need to look into our future to get the right hand top piece, with, correspondingly a quote about the future on it, I’d guess?

5 Likes

Then we need to talk about the storm, coming to us with the next fragment. Someone, I think @Revenir, had mentioned starting a thread about the storm. That sounds like a good idea.

8 Likes

I would second that. If for no other reason than preparedness. I’d rather know what we’re facing than go in blind. Even if it doesn’t open up new pieces or help us with the fragment, I think it’s something we need to be aware of.

4 Likes

Oh and this is the most relevant and most meta concept we have uncovered:

A: I don’t think we’re meant to learn anything from it. I think it was put here for us to teach it. Shape
it. I don’t think it’s a book at all.
M: What do you think it is?
A: What do you think it is?
M: I think it’s a spell.

We are creating magiq here, reforming it. The book is our community now.

5 Likes