Show Me Your Prettiest Books!

Your best bet is probably :drooling_face:, tbh.

6 Likes

Have you seen that her new one Illustrated Bestiary is coming out in October?!

5 Likes

Yup! I preordered it the day she announced it on her Instagram!

6 Likes

Oh that sounds awesome! I’ll definitely get that one

4 Likes

Oh no I think I need this book! :heart_eyes: :spiritseergimme:

5 Likes

We have this in the office!! We met the author at BookCon and she signed our copy!! I’ll post a pic tomorrow when I’m in!

8 Likes

Ahhhh! So jealous!

4 Likes

Ta-da!!

13 Likes

Damn she spelt magiq wrong :joy:

5 Likes

It could probably be “adjusted” lol

1 Like

I got this pretty when I went to NYC 12 years ago. The whole background of the cover is shiny.

And I have a couple of the fancy B&N releases (forgot to take a pic of Hitchhiker’s)

And then a couple of otherwise unassuming books that are special on the inside

I also have a small leather copy of The Hobbit.

15 Likes

I love old books with images, this one is my favorite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

don’t know why but some reason this book and another called the binding is calling to me .

3 Likes

Found somethinghttps://shevdon.com/mikes-books

1 Like

This isn’t a pretty book, but it’s a story about a pretty author.

One day, Spouse went to a convention for nerds with his friends while I stayed at home hooking rugs (which I am not talented at.) When he returned, Spouse and Friends kept making jokes about lines and glitter. One of my Christmas presents from Spouse after the convention was a copy of Adjustment Day signed by Chuck Palahniuk with the message, “Merry Christmas, Heather. Expect a miracle.” There was much squeeing. Then Spouse brought out a breadbox-sized package OF TCHOTCHKES FROM CHUCK PALAHNIUK! It turns out that Spouse spent over three hours waiting in line at the convention to get Adjustment Day signed by Mr. Palahniuk (while his friends stopped by periodically to bring him fresh beers.) And Spouse had the moxie to tell Chuck, “Nah, I haven’t read any of your books, but my wife has about everything you’ve ever written.” So, Chuck asked for our address.

And sent this:

And this:

And this, the uber-bookmark:

And that’s the best Christmas present that I’ve ever received other than that year when my parents got me a baby goat.

10 Likes

You have the best spouse & parents ever!

6 Likes

Actual pretty books. Laugh at my Buffy fandom, if you want, but this faux leather grimoire looks pretty snazzy IRL. Very well done.

And do you remember when Barnes & Noble carried all of these -ology books? I bought every one I saw.

10 Likes

Thats amazing! And I don’t know much about this author, but I can tell from the letter that he had a lot of fun putting the gift together. And the bookmark carries a great story with it.

8 Likes

Take it down if not appropriate but

3 Likes

Finding books left right and centre book called blood and sugar by Laura Shepard robinson

I think the sticker is relevent.

1 Like