Show Me Your Prettiest Books!

This is one from that shelf. @Skylad @Ginger you might like this one.

it’s a dusty blue volume and resists being opened, as if it’s brand new.
this was acquired from a thrift store a while ago. We don’t know who “Grandpa” was, but I just love books with personal notes. each page spread has stats on a different sort of airplane, and silhouettes for easy identification. You can see here the book won’t open all the way, but I don’t want to crack the spine.

13 Likes

I’m in love :heart_eyes:

I have a set of aviation history books that have super pretty illustrations inside the cover if I ever get around to taking pictures of them

9 Likes

That book looks amazing :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

7 Likes

found in a tiny antique book store, under a stationary shop within a square with an old spanish style fountain

10 Likes

My newest pretty book is I Wonder by Marian Bantjes (it’s sooooo pretty on every page), and one of my older ones is The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald , illustrated by Arthur Hughes. This copy was gifted to my great aunt by my great grandparents in 1929.

12 Likes

I’m an absolute sucker for simplicity.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Okay, so I just moved, and I was waiting to post on this thread. I have a bookcase for my prettiest books.

This is the whole thing

These are my tiny preciouses.

These are my actual antiques, some of which have writing in them which is nice, just stuff like whose they were in case they were lost, or the date they were presented as prizes at school. The Thirteenth Orphan is one of my most prized possessions, it’s from when my grandma was a child and she gave it to me because I was absolutely obsessed with it when I was little, I’d read it every time I went round her house. I’m going to make a cover to hang over this shelf to protect them from the sun and dust and things.

These are pretty but modern. But still pretty.

11 Likes

I love your little tiny books!

3 Likes

They are so cute :sob:

3 Likes

Can’t believe i haven’t seen this one show it’s face yet.

13 Likes

My dad got this for me when I was twelve or so. I was raised on the classics and the occasional high fantasy but had just started to take an interest in sci-fi. I was hesitant though, because sci-fi was Dad’s favourite genre, and I wasn’t sure if kids were allowed to like it too. it turns out Dad was overjoyed at the thought of someone understanding his Hitchhiker’s Guide references, and decided to ease me into the genre by combining something I was familiar with - classic books - with science fiction. The Time Machine captured my attention right away, and The Island of Doctor Moreau gave me a lasting taste for the macabre.
The volume itself is leather bound with silver details and illustrated endpapers.

15 Likes

Maaaaan. Island of doctor moreau is super good

3 Likes

I’m working on my book storage, so most of them are boxed up right now, but lemme see if I can find a pic of one of my prettier ones…

ETA: This one is HERE and the sequel comes out Oct 1 and you can pre-order it HERE

6 Likes

I can’t post multiple pics yet, so bear with me.

FRONT

15 Likes

BACK

10 Likes

ENDSHEET

12 Likes

One of my fave illustrations.

12 Likes

I’ve been considering getting a copy of that book for a while.

4 Likes

It’s SO good. Highly recommend!

5 Likes