Sel's Journal

So I’m not great at bios but here we go :aetherdetermined:
My pronouns are she/her, I’m autistic, and a goth. :purple_heart:
I’m a multifandom k-pop stan (mostly 2nd gen but I like to keep up with what’s new), ults are BIGBANG, EXO, and Dreamcatcher.
My biggest hobbies are baking and crochet, but I also cosplay and play dnd.
I really like fashion and makeup, so I expect I’ll post a lot of that here. Oh and my pets! I have both cats and dogs and I love taking photos of them. Idk I think it’ll be fun to invite the Mounties to see more glimpses into my everyday life :cjsmile:

9 Likes

Mona (one of my cats) has started sleeping in the middle of my bed during the day. This isn’t normally an issue, but last night she wouldn’t get off even at 10pm. :laurenangry: If I moved her she’d just settle down again in the very center of my bed and glare at me! She’s still a little mad this morning.

6 Likes

It’s my first time playing with makeup since I shaved my eyebrows and I couldn’t be more pleased with how it turned out :deirdreexcited:

6 Likes

Today’s lunch is fried rice with leftover veggies. The Brussel sprouts make me think of Christmas dinner. Mmmm I want turkey…

8 Likes

OMG THOSE CHOPSTICKS ARE AMAZING WTH

6 Likes

They’re great aren’t they? I have green ones too!

4 Likes

I have the mace windu purple ones!

3 Likes

I’ve been playing with Artbreeder and I’m so happy with how this turned out! This looks almost exactly like I wanted it to

11 Likes

I was just given 3kg of cream cheese by a friend whose restaurant can’t open due to covid. I thought
“Thats a lot of cheese but I can make good use of it!”
A CHEESECAKE USES LESS THAN A QUARTER OF MY SUPPLY THIS IS SO MUCH CHEESE WHAT DO I DO
I have a feeling every meal this month will have to be cheese based :knatzspoopy:

10 Likes

This won’t use a ton either, but my roommate made a french toast bake once that had a cream cheese layer…something like this though I don’t have her exact recipe (I think hers was a family recipe, not off the internet…hers was definitely heavy on blueberries also, not strictly french toast). It was definitely decadent for a breakfast food, but :ascendershrug:

7 Likes

Ooh it looks so good!

4 Likes

I throw a bit of cream cheese into crockpot soups and such - but that’s unlikely to really go through your stash too quickly.

6 Likes

in the end, we used it up in brownies, stuffed chicken, bagels, cupcakes, and a cheesecake. But Dad wants to buy more so I can make a blueberry cheesecake this time.

4 Likes

Agh I ate so much cheesecake :sob: I made a 10 inch one and my family of 7 only managed to get through 2/3 of it after supper.
On the plus side, cheesecake for breakfast tomorrow is a possibility.

(I forgot to take a picture with toppings but it also had cherries on top)

9 Likes

Yesterday I got my first dose of the covid vaccine. I hardly felt it at all but I slept for 16 hours straight afterwards and my arm is really sore today.

8 Likes

So as some of you may know I’m trying to get disability benefits so I can live on my own, but a development occurred today that just frustrates me.

First things first, the government said they wanted me to do a few tests so they could know for sure I’m disabled. Sounds reasonable, I thought, but it turns out thier system is just about as inaccessible and frustrating as possible.

They said that someone would call me and tell me when I needed to show up for the testing. They did not say who would be calling or when, and so I spent a MONTH anxiously waiting for a phone call.

Today the call finally came, and the details are even more stressful than I thought they would be. There will be 2 full 8 hour days of testing, in a city 4 hours away from where I live. They are paying for my hotel but I can’t drive so naturally there will be a friend with me who can. They won’t pay for a room with 2 beds though.

Do they not realize many disabled people need help from a second person? This is a service for the disabled but it’s so inaccessible.
Also what if my disability caused fatigue? I’m fortunate enough that mime doesn’t but a long day of traveling, sleeping in an unfamiliar bed, and then 2 full days of testing? This is not designed with accessibility in mind, and it’s FOR DISABLED PEOPLE!

Also if for some reason I can’t make it to the appointments, or I quit halfway through, that will hurt my chances of getting the support I need. So I need to walk a fine line between proving I’m disabled, and being capable enough to manage this exhausting course of tests. If I have a meltdown the morning of day 2 and can’t come to the appointment I’m screwed. Even though it would be my disability causing problems (which should prove that I need help), if I don’t finish all the tests, they will mark me down as not needing it since I apparently don’t care enough to put in the work.

9 Likes

That’s so stressful :cold_sweat: and absolutely counter-productive for all those reasons you mentioned. :eaveshug: :eaveshug: :eaveshug:

6 Likes

the heck. BC is totally different - all you have to do down here is submit some paperwork and they’ll ask some questions and then approve or deny you. Sounds like Alberta’s got different legislature in place.

2 Likes

Thats usually the case, but I think because autism is so variable, they want to know for sure it’s “severe” enough to count as a disability (which is a whole 'nother kettle of fish but) when one of my friends went through this process for a physical disability it went much faster.

3 Likes

My brother’s friend and his dog. The two really trust eachother and look good as a pair so I couldn’t resist doing a bit of a photoshoot while they were here. (Face censored for privacy)

8 Likes