Sel's Journal

What a fine doggo! He looks so majestic!

5 Likes

I just found some Seeds of Suppossing tucked away in the back of a drawer! I’m tempted to plant them but I also want to leave them as is

10 Likes

it just occurred to me that I may be living in a farming sim
My brothers fixed someone’s lawnmower so came home with a bunch of rhubarb.
I will make said rhubarb into a pie.
We will trade the pie to a man who has a welder, and he will fix our porch swing.
This week I will also be weeding a neighbor’s garden in exchange for zucchini.
I will make the zucchini into bread.
I will trade the bread to another neighbor in exchange for a teacup.
Are these not sidequests? Am I in a video game?

11 Likes

The question is;
Who are you giving cave carrots to to romance them?

6 Likes

Oh I’ve been approaching seduction entirely wrong! Time to find some carrots! :simon:

8 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve been active, it’s been a stressful year.
The disability testing went well, and the results they sent to the government were that I do, in fact have a significant impairment.
The government then decided I did not qualify for benefits becasue my disability isn’t permanent.
I sent them a letter explaining that Autism Spectrum Disorder is, in fact permanent and they rejected me a second time becasue there’s the potential my autism may become “less severe” in the future.
I appealed this yet again and so that brings us to today. This evening I am going to bring over an entire armful of paperwork, doctor’s records, and scientific studies to the home of a trusted advocate, and we are going to sort out my best strategy for convincing the government officials that autism is permanent, and that my symptoms are unlikely to go away with time.
Tomorrow is the scary part. I will have to present my case over the phone, in a conference call, while the AISH director argues that I am not disabled enough to need the benefits. I have to convince 2 members of the AISH board, who will be listening in, that I really do need thier money and no autism does not fade with age. (Honestly I expect it’s more of a political decision so they don’t have to spend money on me rather than a science-based “sometimes lifelong developmental disabilities just dissapear”) thing. And did I mention my auditory processing is horrible?
This is my last opportunity to stand up for myself, and to try and secure a future. If i am rejected at this stage (which I will not know until several months from now at the soonest), I will not be permitted to apply again, and any applications I send will be thrown out, unless I develop a new, less controversial disability like a missing arm.
Idk I’m really fed up with this whole process and have lost most of my faith in this system that supposedly exists to help people like me. I’m not going to give up though. Tomorrow’s hearing is my last chance to make my case, to prove i need help, and exert some control over my future. I’m so anxious I can’t eat but I plan to fight hard for this chance at independence.

6 Likes

Best of luck to you.

Regardless of the result you should be proud of yourself!
It takes a lot to go through the system normally, let alone when you’re fighting for every step. That you have fought and continue to does you a huge amount of credit.

3 Likes

Thank you :cjheart: I’ll do my best to remember that

3 Likes