Quick Question & Poll

What domain do you use to come to the forum?

4 Likes

Honestly, both.
Basecamp out of habit on desktop, Ackerly Green on mobile, but I’ve been trying to transition to Ackerly Green since it’s actually your domain ?

7 Likes

My laptop autofills Basecamp33, and on other devices when I type the address I use ackerlygreen.

5 Likes

I set the ackerlygreen one as a pin on my web browser when basecamp33 stopped working, but I had been doing basecamp33

5 Likes

I, too, switched from basecamp to ackerlygreen on desktop. I’m going through the app on my phone unless there’s something to download.

5 Likes

I use Basecamp, I think mostly through habit and nostalgia more than anything.

7 Likes

I used to use the Basecamp33 address, now it’s switched to AckerlyGreen automatically. I did kind of like the nostalgia of the old address, tho.

9 Likes

I just use Ackerly Green.

6 Likes

Could anyone fill me in on the origins of basecamp 33 and why it was abandoned? I was trying to figure it out! Thank you:)

2 Likes

I believe it was called Basecamp 33 before the company Ackerly Green was re founded and the forum became part of the company. @CJB or @Revenir will be able to answer this better!

3 Likes

The real truth about that is that we already have a pretty complex narrative and community structure to accommodate our immersive story. When we (and Saberlane) actually launched Ackerly Green we wanted to make it easy to understand what fell under the company umbrella and how things worked. The real, extra real truth is that there’s a button at the top of the menu that says “In-World View” and we planned to have separate color/styling/and BC33-style images in that view when you click it, but because it’s not a huge gripe from the community and we at AGP already have our plates full, we never got around to implementing it. ALSO, in the future, we may have other narrative universes (waaaaaay in the future) from me or other authors, and having a central AG forum that could be the trunk for all those branches made sense to us. :cjsmile:

14 Likes

Thank you for explaining all that to me in such a detailed response!! I’m still getting my head around everything and it’s really useful having help with some of the jigsaw pieces!

6 Likes

Absolutely!

5 Likes

I use ackerlygreen.com as the forum, though I didnt know there was a phone app for it?

2 Likes

Ye but it’s not very stable at the moment, a new app will coming out in the future

2 Likes

I use ackerlygreen because that’s how I initially found the forum

3 Likes

I think Basecamp has been phased out now

1 Like

Yes, the only valid url (that I’m aware of) is ackerlygreen. If you try to access the site from the basecamp url, it’ll redirect you to ackerlygreen.

4 Likes

i have the app, but it doesnt let me log in on the app

2 Likes

See:

3 Likes