Pre-Fragment 15: Unlock the Chronocompass

It seems like we can really only convey a basic sense or emotional state to her, unless it’s a critical thing for a Complication or Fragment, it seems.

I really don’t want to send her ‘Fear’. I’d rather find a way to send her ‘confidence’ or some other means of getting through to her to be aware, but keep moving forward.

Edit: Besides. She is intimately aware of what Missouri did. She’s in a better position to see similarities to what’s going on with Augie than we are. So let’s let her use her best judgement.

13 Likes

So lets send a warning about how Augie may be have been “taken over” by the Storm.

3 Likes

I think I’d rather keep on the potitive emotions too. I mean, she’s already calling us her “nightmare buddies” lol, I’d rather not live up too much to that name :smiley:

10 Likes

Yes we need to send her something positive and nice as I’m not very fond of being seen as the Bogeyman

5 Likes

Sending something positive would be nice, but I think that telling Knatz that she might be walking into a trap is a bit more important.

4 Likes

Had to do it.

14 Likes

Can we just not send a sound clip of that? :joy:

2 Likes

Okay, just remember she thinks that we are her in the future. She thinks we absolutely know what’s about to happen to her. If we tell her it’s a trap. She will likely 100% believe it’s a trap, and maybe not even talk to Augie. And if it’s not a trap, then we may have just broken everything.

Edit: I hate to say this, but we need to let this happen. But we can make sure she’s in a frame of mind to make her best possible decisions.

11 Likes

Knatz is well aware of the dangers she faces in meeting with Augernon. It’s one of the reasons she won’t bring Saberlane with her to the meet up, why she won’t risk him. Better than most, she knows what she’s up against with The Storm, even if she doesn’t fully understand it yet.

I am going to stand with keeping our message positive and uplifting.

10 Likes

“Be safe, we believe in you!”

6 Likes

“We’re sending you positive vibes, you can do it!”

6 Likes

:sweat_smile: Basically, yea.

My theories about this meeting are two:

Augie wants to meet her to tell her his plan and potentially receive assistance.

Augie is being controlled by The Storm, but had planned for this ahead of time and somehow Knatz will repel The Storm using Augie as its focal point, which may damn well be what broke his mind if that were true.

The second is far less likely because there are too many uncontrollable and unpredictable variables. And I do not think Augernon is truly foolish enough to rely on such an uncertain tactic.

9 Likes

So…thoughts for today’s recording? Straight-up positive message or trying to tell a story?

5 Likes

I currently like @cheyyyme’s version.
“Be safe, we believe in you!
We’re sending positive vibes?, you can do it!”"

5 Likes

Well, our deadline for today seems to be coming up quick, and it looks like there’s some significant support for a positive message:

“A young woman in hiking boots stands on a trail near the summit of a mountain. No one has yet reached it, but she is determined. She will. She has climbed long and hard, carrying a heavy pack filled with troubles and complications, and of course, she is tired. But as she looks at the clear, untroubled sky before her, she feels a renewed sense of confidence in what she goes to do, a certainty that her next steps will take her where she needs to be. She can feel it; she will reach that summit.”

Too heavy-handed with the metaphor? If so, we can use the direct version.

14 Likes

If she’s just getting impressions, I guess either would work? If anyone else is around to vote fast, great. If not, someone who can record should pick whatever is fastest to get done. We’re definitely running out of time for today, and I don’t think we want to risk not hearing from Knatz today…

6 Likes

I think this is perfect @Viviane!

7 Likes

Wonderful! Is anyone available to record and send? Like Viviane said, we should act fast.

5 Likes

I can’t record at the moment. Is anyone else able to do it? (@Mr5yy or @cheyyyme or someone else?)

3 Likes

(https://d39z42ofxysd63.cloudfront.net/original/2X/4/45a08b76382232e6b78f34a948ed57e9d7e0502d.m4a
M4a right now, but does this sound okay?

11 Likes