Pre-Fragment 15: Unlock the Chronocompass

same. i know the feeling. its alright @CRSumner. really. its bad when you are literally miles away too

9 Likes

It’s okay to overreact, especially when it involves a loved one. You care about Deidre and that’s all that matters.

6 Likes

14 Likes

She didn’t get where the coordinates where… :sweat:

4 Likes

Well, Lane is going to New York with the box and the coordinates came from the box, so maybe they’ll work it out?

Edit: It also definitely sounds like it’s time for some major positivity in our message

7 Likes

“Nightmare buddy” she says.

God, I love Knatz.

I’m less worried about this and more about what Augernon is meeting her to tell her.

And yeah, it makes sense. They won’t help her, not really. They don’t have the chronocompass, only Deirdre does.

14 Likes

True…but if Lane is going to New York anyway, they might still find something useful even if they can’t activate Deeds’ journal. And definitely worried about what Augie has to say. I’m just thinking that, unless Deeds comes back and can get to those coordinates before send time tomorrow, the best we can do is send some encouragements

(also I kinda want matching “Nightmare Buddy” jackets for all the Mounties now…)

10 Likes

True, here’s hoping. So how about we go with some of our strategies from before, and write her a poem, or sing to her, or tell her an uplifting story?

Let them be safe :persevere:

8 Likes

If I’m remembering correctly, the poems were the least distorted? Like, the story took a weird turn, and the song got stuck in her head all day…so poem might be the way to go.

10 Likes

True. I suppose we ought to wait til everyone else is awake to brainstorm what we want to say :wink:

9 Likes

She says she hopes he brings back a clue from the Ramble. They know where they are going.

13 Likes

Where do you reckon augie wants to meet her?

3 Likes

Here’s hoping. And I mean, didn’t Knatz say that their “benefactor” was providing materials like the case from the old Ackerly Green offices? It wouldn’t surprise me if there was something to find at the Ramble.

@Tinker, I think the poems might have only seemed the least distorted because they mainly offered limited but specific information. Knatz says now that she can understand us like someone talking to her from another room: no details, but the gist of the info gets through. If that’s case, I think I’d rather go with a story, or something with very clear imagery. Seems like a better investment than meter and rhyme, if those aren’t going to be very clear anyway. Just my two cents, of course.

12 Likes

Random scary thought #46.

We know, at some point, the storm catches up to Augie. We have no idea when, excactly. To put it bluntly, we don’t know if it’s already got him or not at this point in the timeline.

We do know back in Fragment 14 he was talking about being a lightning rod though.

Augie disappears for a while (like Missouri) and then says he wants to meet another Mountaineer somewhere out of the way (again like Missouri) to talk about something important. Augie insists Knatz come alone (which was the one mistake Missouri seems to have made when trying to get Ascender.)

Am I just being super paranoid here? I hope this is just a figment of my imagination.

However, once noon EST hits and we see if we can still send things. We should probably try to craft a more upbeat message…you know while we worry about everything else.

15 Likes

I think that we changed the timeline so either A. Augie’s already been hit by the Storm, B. He doesn’t get hurt by the Storm or C., which I think is the most likely, is that Augie will get hurt later on, but not at the same that he originally did. I do agree with you that the circumstances are very suspicious and exactly what happened to Missouri.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, that was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard Augie was back. Hope nothing bad happens…

8 Likes

I thought the same thing. I’m really scared for Knatz.

5 Likes

Sorry I’m a bit confused are you guys suggesting that Augie might be a brainwashed zombie mounty? If so I really hope that Knatz will be okay

6 Likes

We are saying he might be yes. And if that’s true that would really make me sad. We just don’t know.

9 Likes

Oh dear I really hope he isn’t! We should try and get a warning to knatz!

2 Likes