Out-of-Magiqverse Familiars: Post Your Pet!

Arnold wants you to know he is a lover, not a fighter.

16 Likes

About 7 feral cats have adopted my family. One of them, Calamity Jane, was the OG and from the start exhibited an unusual friendliness. She dislikes eating with the other cats so we allowed her to eat in our front hallway. Now she owns the old rocking chair by the bookshelves and will curl up there all day. She’ll even sit on our laps briefly and has never once scratched, hissed or bit us. Seems unusual for a feral but I’m pretty sure she was “sent” to us.

The other 6 just frequent our porch for food. Along with Calamity, Jasper and Jade, two adorable kittens, live under our house.They are adept hunters of birds, mice and frogs. They left me a goldfinch the other day for which they were scolded. But they’re wild kittens so I guess they just do what they have to. Jade will let us pet him but Jasper is still wary. It has been a joy to get to know all of these cats.

(upload://wWWSvP0WQYMv4bIQh0HyYqgDjYM.jpeg)

15 Likes

It’s a nice fuzzy feeling, being adopted by a feral cat. There was a big grey tom at my grandparents’ cabin one summer who decided I was his human, and was waiting for me on the porch every evening. I called him Fritz, and he was displeased if I didn’t come outside to pet him. He was the first cat to ever be friendly to me.

12 Likes

This is Apollo, the sweetest little bun with more fluff than body :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

Awww bunny! So cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

These are my dogs Dave (the black one) and Simba (the blonde one). Dave is a Labradoodle and nearly 11 now. He very recently had to have surgery to remove a (fortunately only) fatty lump from his armpit of his front leg as it would have eventually caused him some problems with running around. He’s doing amazingly and has been given a clean bill of health from the vets. He’s smart and has been my non-official therapy dog through any tough times and can always make me smile :blush: Simba is a cockerpoo, he is nearly 5 I think, he’s a bit of a crazy, and slightly idiotic, pup who loves to be laid on his back in your arms like a baby and makes funny sneezy sounds if you blow onto his nose, it’s both cute and hilarious. He is the pup of an old neighbor’s dog and my Mum was present when he was born and we saw him at less than a day old. He’s the runt of his brothers and sisters and the only blonde (the rest were black or brown) and his sister, Ruby, belongs to my grandparents so he gets to see her a fair bit when it’s not Covid times :blush:

16 Likes

Posting again cause I can’t post 2 pictures at once, this is a picture of Dave I got the other day and I am just in love with it, so have shared it a fair few places now :joy:

16 Likes

Look at that happy face! He’s beautiful!

6 Likes

@NightingaleSongs Isn’t he just :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Daww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

They’re so sweet!! I have a lab/dane mix and he’s full of those fatty lumps, but he’s 13 and too old to go under to have them removed. I’m so glad Dave’s surgery went well and he’ll hopefully have plenty more comfortable, lump-free years!!

8 Likes

Labs are apparently notorious for getting them! And a lab/dane?! I’ve seen that cross on TV and it’s up there with a crossbreed I’d really love to have in the future :blush: And thank you, we hope so too! He’s far too young spirited to be old! :rofl:

7 Likes

He’s a handsome goober!! Only recently started slowing down at 13, but spirits are certainly still high. That lab energy/longevity is definitely strong!!

12 Likes

He is gorgeous :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Oh what a sweet baby! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m going to count them as pets. Spouse and I have been taking (online) beekeeping for beginners classes for the past few weeks, and we’ve volunteered to be caretakers for the new beehives that are being added to the public orchard in our city. (We wanted more hands-on experience and mentoring before we start our own hives.) :honeybee:

12 Likes

I HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKING ONLINE BEEKEEPING CLASSES. AAAAAAAAH

11 Likes

Iroh the (tiny) Dragon of the (Pacific North) West observes whilst I answer emails and drink tea.

:laughing:

20 Likes

I adore Iroh, skinks are so cute!

6 Likes

I love everything about this so much I can’t even express. :heart_eyes:

6 Likes