Nixed: A Magiq Text Adventure (Title is WIP)

You are a formless being. An enigmatic conglomeration of unorganized magiqal energy. However, forces are stirring and from chaos, order rises.

You almost feel a tickling in the back of your mind, rather what passes for a consciousness in your current state, and a memory flashes before you. You see yourself.

What do you look like?

Species:
Description (of appearance) or Artwork:

This is going to be a text based adventure based in Neithernor. If you aren’t familiar with text adventures. They are a type of collaborative storytelling where a narrator, me, takes suggestions for what the character will do next.

This is my first foray into the genre, so things may be a little disorganized, and it is also my return to the MAGIQverse, so I ask you forgive some of the mistakes I may make.

All suggestions should be prefaced with a “>”
Ex: > Dance wildly and lick the floor

8 Likes

c0dc0b5b7b380f8adfcba12fc7be14ae--shadow-people-shadow-person

4 Likes

4 Likes

Like these, but maybe with wings?

4 Likes

Strangely, you cannot see a solid form, only a vague shape resembling what you assume to be yourself.

You find your mind wandering to where you could be. But a memory wrenches you into its depths.

A furious storm whips you around. Your wings can’t beat strong enough to pull you from its current. You had wings? It slaps you around, like a child’s plaything, before you smash into a hard, rock surface. It’s a wall of interlocking bricks, intricate beyond belief.

You come back to wherever you really are, you find yourself befuddled. Why are your memories working in such a way? You once remembered everything as you just had with the storm, clear and crisp. But everytime you attempt to remember yourself, you can only see those vague forms.

And where was the bloody storm anyway? A name comes to your mind, you were in Niethernor, a land of magiq.

But where were you in there? So close to a storm as strong as that. And that brickwork. You ponder this.

Where were you?

7 Likes

4 Likes

(okay, I couldn’t choose)

(obviously with a less pleasant sky if there’s a storm)

5 Likes

Yes, you were on a cape. Near a castle, which you had just smashed into. You lied there, stunned and battered. Before fading from consciousness.

You awoke later. As you open your eyes, there was someone leaning over you.

Old Woman With Eyeglasses

She dabbed at your forehead with a damp cloth.

“You have two broken ribs and a large cut on your cheek, but you should be fine.” She smiled at you, the wrinkles on her face scrunching with her movements. “Now what is your name, young one. It would be quite rude of you to let me patch you up and then not offer any introduction. Didn’t anyone teach you to respect your elders?”

Wait. A name? You had a name? Is that a normal thing? Hmm. You can’t quite recall. You know you had one, at one point. What was your name?

[spoiler]Btw, you can reply with text too. I was just using images for the first bit so people could better put what they wanted as an appearance. I was hoping to get some actual things but you guys just gave me images of vague figures, so /shrug[/spoiler]

4 Likes

Esme?

5 Likes

Yes, Esme was your first name.

“E-E-esme.” You sputtered out to your caretaker.

“Now that wasn’t too hard.” She dabbed your forehead with a damp cloth. “Do you know where you are, child?”

Yes or No?

6 Likes

No

6 Likes

hey everyone, idk if vic is still around, but im hoping to maybe revitalize this. Do i have everyones permission to continue where we left things? Or perhaps we can start anew, with a new story, and new prompts?

4 Likes

i made a new story, hopefully this goes somewhere.A Hollow Place - A Text Adventure Anyone Can Play, Inspired By Nixxed

4 Likes

I’d go with a restart with a new story.

3 Likes