New DG Post: The Three Manners of Magiq

Originally published at: New DG Post: The Three Manners of Magiq | Basecamp 33

Deirdre’s just come back from Neithernor with a new journal entry, and it’s a big one.

http://www.deedsdone.co.uk/2017/08/25/the-three-manners-of-magiq/

12 Likes

Okay, I have to sit in a corner and process this for a while.

All I can say is that perhaps the Campfire is somehow producing more magiqal power for us to draw from…

13 Likes

That looks like she’s been to Balimoras guild hall… It sounds breath taking, as most things in Neithernor do.

Three types of magic… That’s an incredible concept! I wonder if our affinities are all mundane magic? Or some forgotten arts…

8 Likes

So Lauren and The Cagliostro were performing versions of wrought magiq? Which is why it seemed more… primal?

11 Likes

Probably, and this is what Colby meant when he said all that was left if our world were “mundane magiqs” before he performed the Tome Kindling/Communion on Sullivan’s journal with DG.

At least now we have a better understanding of the “physics” of the force we’re using.

11 Likes

Could that be the Balimora guild hall? I… I really want to see it. It sounds amazing…
Good job on the find Deidre!

12 Likes

This also means that our brilliant, beautiful @Itsuki was right. I wish he could have seen this.

12 Likes

Does this mean that the “Storm” was created with primal Magiq?

7 Likes

I believe he is, not here… Not in any concept we can understand, but I truly believe he is.
The best we can do for him now is open the book, and create the future for his daughter he always wanted for her, a future where magiq is available and the doors of Neithernor open.

12 Likes

That’s a really good theory. And maybe the reason that there’s so little magic currently is that, because the Storm is Primal Magiq, it eats up maqic as it “lives”.

9 Likes

Omg you made it better!

4 Likes

Well. To get Fragment 13, we needed a series of directions to unlock the Chronocompass. To get Fragment 14 going, we needed a different set. Perhaps this is more significant than we knew.

And perhaps our work with Fletcher Dawson will lead us to a set of directions that will help Deirdre find her way closer to the red house.

Itsuki was more right than he could have imagined. About magiq in storytelling. In creation. Maybe he was on to something before any of us ever knew it. I wish he were here to be a part of this time with us, when everything is happening so fast.

Neithernor.

14 Likes

I just went to the brownstone after work because I hadn’t heard from Dee.

The front window was completely shattered and the journal was on the living room floor, open, covered in glass.

I have no idea what’s going on or where Deirdre is.

12 Likes

I’m only going to like that so it gets noticed, but I don’t like it one bit.

That’s absolutely terrible, Cole. I hope you’re doing okay. I hope you’re safe. I don’t really know what to say, or what to do, but I trust you know the Mounties are here for you and for her.

8 Likes

Is anything missing besides Deeds? Any sign of the compass?

8 Likes

Does it look like anything was searched? Like other papers or items shifted around?

4 Likes

I don’t think anything else is missing. Not sure. No compass.

9 Likes

I… oh God, Cole.

The journal was open, did it say anything new? Were there any other signs?

(Have we checked King Rabbit’s gag social media?)

On second thought, if the police show up, it may not be good for Cole to be walking around in there.

11 Likes

My first thought was also that damn rabbit! I hope she’s okay!

4 Likes

Okay, more baseline stuff. Is stuff missing she’d take if she went out into town, like her wallet, bag and license? Stuff she might not take to Neithernor?

10 Likes