New DG Post: My Mother's Daughter

Cole, it’s simple. You’re a Mountie. We love you unconditionally.
And we’ll be damn sure to get you back to her, whether thats here on in Neithernor.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I know it must’ve been hard, though i have no real experience with it myself. But hey, learning new things about people is always fun, and can be super enlightening!
You’re an amazing person, who deserves the world both as it was and as it will be. So dont you forget it! We’ll be here to remind you if you need it.

Have a good night, and don’t panic, cause I believe we’ll all be okay.

10 Likes

We all feel broken sometimes, Cole. I think feeling alone, feeling different - that’s part of what it is to be human. What matters is how you put yourself back together, and how you grow along the way. In the words of Brandon Sanderson, “It is the nature of magic. A broken soul has cracks into which something else can be fit.” Your troubles have allowed you to grow and gain things that you may not have had otherwise. I like to think of many troubles as blessings in disguise and yours is no exception. We love and accept you, Cole. You’re family to us Mountaineers.

13 Likes

And hey, if we don’t figure out how to open a Knocking Door, Deeds has to eat at some point, right? A girl can’t survive on mysteries and memories of an estranged parent alone. Even if she brought plenty of rations (or got some other amazing ideas from reading our “Pack Your Bags” thread), she’s gotta come out and restock sometime, especially with time flowing faster there and all.

13 Likes

Not if she found an appropriate sustainable food source within Niethernor.

6 Likes

Isn’t the door to the Warren caved in? Digging it out would work up a mighty hunger.

9 Likes

Hey guys, I appreciate all your help and support. I tried all night to get the front door to knock since I know for sure that one works. Had the scarf, the pendant… it was so easy for Dee when she came back. She closed her eyes for two seconds and made it happen. She knocked back and it opened but her back was to me. I feel like it had to be the directions. That makes the most sense. Sorry guys. Will follow up when I can.

16 Likes

Maybe we should start looking more and more into the directions and what was on that receipt. @Robert, I know you posted above, anyone else in?

Operation “Bust out the sun screen, because it’s about to be Sumner in Neithernor” starts now

10 Likes

Did you use the name? I forget the exact name but Deeds had to speak it before she went through.

7 Likes

I did try but Dee didn’t say that word when she took me or sent me back so I don’t know if it’s relevant. The whole thing was simple for her. But she’s a Green, so… I wonder if the problem is how freaked out the place makes me?

11 Likes

Don’t think of it as a door to that place. Open a door to her.

11 Likes

Maybe trying going to the place you went all those years ago. Perhaps the door to the Warren is just for her, but that door may still be open for you.

8 Likes

I agree with Robert. In Sullivan’s history of Neithernor, he mentioned that “simply knowing about Neithernor and/or its name and imagining or wishing yourself there may have been enough to gain entrance.” If imagining yourself there is a way to get in… I suspect that having reluctance deep down could possibly bar entry… Try not to think about Neithrnor, but about why you want to go there, who you want to meet. That seems like a good starting point, at least.

13 Likes

“Elainnor” is the name you’re looking for that somehow factors in. Deeds had a dream where she was the protagonist in the story the “Myth of Elainnor” by our friend, Fletcher Dawson, but couldn’t remember the name “Elainnor.”

6 Likes