New DG Post: My Mother's Daughter

Bah, you are, have been and will always be Cole Sumner. A person I’m happy to call a friend. Some days that may be more complicated than others, but you’re the same brave, intelligent guy who “allegedly” broke into the Morgan Library in order to find a spell to free the person he loved.

If anyone isn’t proud of you, then they haven’t really paid attention to you. I think Deidre will come around. It just seems like it’s complicated being her some days too.

Edit: So, does this mean we now need to figure out how Deidre got into Neithernor so we can send Cole back in after her with a box of candy and flowers or something? Cole, any chance we can see exactly what was on that receipt she was so excited about?

17 Likes

Hey old pal. I wrote down where the compass pointed me, and then the directions/guilds you guys eventually figured out from the locations. It also said I had a double Makers neat, but I don’t think that’s relevant.

14 Likes

I think the major question is, do you want to go?
If so we will help you get there however we can.

7 Likes

I’ve heard the doors knocking a couple of times before, when she’s told me about the path she went on. I guess it’s a matter of wanting to go, of seeking it out? And then knowing how to open the door? Can’t say I haven’t tried to make them knock the past couple days, but so far, nothing.

I want to give her whatever time she needs. I mean, this is the last connection she has to her dad. But this place has been left for who knows how long. We don’t know what else is there.

14 Likes

From what we have learned its very possible Deeds is alone, if it offers any comfort that means no one is there to harm her.
Id say let the doors find you, but I understand the need to keep looking and forging forward, especially while a loved one is on the other side.

Edit: As for the matter of what IS there, we know she has found her family home (which I’m assuming is safe) and spotted a guild hall in the distance, it seems the Warren is close to the Thornmouths tower, perhaps she will find some solace there?

13 Likes

You just gotta believe!!! (…Bad time?)

In all seriousness, why don’t you try and actively seek out the path? It is probably harder than it seems but I’d imagine its worth a minute or two of contemplating and or willing doors to knock.

9 Likes

Hey Cole, I echo the exact same sentiments as @Robert. You will always be Cole. The guy I owe lots and lots and lots of poutine and other canadian delicacies (yes, we have those). And who has saved our butts more times than I think I can count. But more importantly, a close friend, and someone I am incredibly proud to call my friend.

13 Likes

You’re the best friends a guy has never met.

16 Likes

The best friends a guy has never met… Yet. There, corrected it for you

15 Likes

We all love you, Cole. :heart:

9 Likes

Alright, let’s see if we can help out these crazy love birds get back together.

The map of the locations. (Thanks to the mighty @Brendon !)

The locations in this order.

Portal
Dead Rabbit
Battery Park 1
Battery Park 2
Bowling Green
Fraynces Tavern
Hanover Square
Pier 15

The directions walked and their guilds were BGWETFE (SW NW W E SE NE E).

So theories on how the heck this translates into a path to Neithernor?

Let’s assume it involves knocking on a door. Maybe knock on the compass locations of the door back?

Lower left,
upper left,
left,
right,
lower right,
upper right,
right

Maybe? Probably not, but try it anyway.

14 Likes

I hope everything goes well for you and Deidre! :heart:

8 Likes

But then how does “Elainnor” fit in? That seems to have cinched something for DG that allowed her to go through.

10 Likes

Good question. Maybe it’s a magic word to say while doing it.

7 Likes

Hey Cole,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this intimate part of yourself. You don’t need to explain why you didn’t tell us you’re trans, or about your accident, that’s something deeply personal and we’re honored you chose to open up to us.

I’ve been trying to figure out the words to say to this…and I can honestly just say, you’re not alone. And you’re not broken. I’m sorry your dad didn’t treat you like a good dad should. I was fortunate that the people who mattered the most were there for me when I came out as trans, but I know what it feels like to be treated like you’re broken, like you’re a freak. That’s not something I’d wish on anyone, ever.

Your reaction was perfectly reasonable, and I’m sure that Deeds will understand in the end. She’s a good person, and she clearly loves you. Tapping into those memories must have been really hard on you. But we’re all here to help you find your way back in, if that is what you want to do, or to try and find Deirdre in some other way, if you’d rather not go back to Neithernor. But we’re here for you, full stop. :heart:

16 Likes

That means a lot @Revenir, thanks for sharing that with me, and us. I have a great group of friends (here and irl) and Dee’s amazing. I don’t look back much on my childhood. On my dad. I made my peace with it. Sometimes you can’t bring everything with you on your way to becoming who you are. And that’s okay. It makes more room in your life.

15 Likes

You’re one of us. You’re gonna have to have plenty of room in your life for all this Mountie love.

Let’s get you into Neithernor :sunglasses:

13 Likes

See now you’re just asking for a Mountie snug pile :hugs::hugs::hugs: We’re gonna get you to Deeds for sure.

14 Likes

You are one of us! We’ll help you get into Neithernoor no matter what it takes! :+1:

8 Likes

We’ve got your back Cole! Thank you for trusting us with such a personal story. Now lets get you to Neithernor!!

9 Likes