Mountie Pen Pals!

Oh crud I completely forgot about this! I have no clue what the heck to write :joy: Gosh I better get started and try figure out what to say!

6 Likes

I think looking at the bios might help, you might find you have something in common with your pen pal. Otherwise, maybe talk about yourself and your day, and ask some questions about how they are, their interests, etc?

6 Likes

Should we give out real names to the pen pal, or just use our usernames?

4 Likes

@cheyyyme Heyyyyyyy girl

7 Likes

I think the letter should send as long as the address is correct, so Iā€™ll leave it up to you guys to choose. :slightly_smiling_face: If you want a kind of midway point in privacy, you can also give them a first name and have them use your username as a surname.

8 Likes

Questionā€¦would it be possible to join in future months? This coming month is going to be really hectic for me, so I didnā€™t want to join and potentially leave someone hangingā€¦but Iā€™d be interesting in joining once everything is settled a bit, if thatā€™s cool?

6 Likes

The more the merrier I say!

2 Likes

Quick question how do I send a pm

4 Likes

If you click on your icon in the upper right it will open a drop down. Thereā€™s a little envelope under that that takes you to your message box. Then thereā€™s a New Message button on the left.

Thatā€™s how I get to it anyway. There may be other ways.

3 Likes

This link should take you to your messages - http://forum.ackerlygreen.com/u/PhantomPhoenixFrost/messages

Once you get there, on the left-hand side of the screen towards the top, there should be a blue button that says New Message, thatā€™s what you click to send a new PM. Since Iā€™m not great at describing directions in text, hereā€™s a screenshot:

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s totally fine! Every month, there will be signups so people can drop out or join in as they like. Feel free to pick a month that works best for you. :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey yā€™all, just a reminder that the mailout deadline is about a week away. Also, if youā€™re busy on the 15th, feel free to send your letter earlier, the 15th is just the last day. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Oh good, thought it already passed.

3 Likes

Can I take part in the next round? If there is one?

5 Likes

For sure! Assignments will begin September 1st for the next round. :slightly_smiling_face:

Also reminder to everyone that mailout day is in 4 days! Be ready by the 15th. :heart:

6 Likes

Hey guys, todayā€™s the day! Try to get your letter out ASAP if you havenā€™t already. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

@cheyyyme, @OracleSage, @Sellalellen, @Rimor, @Moose, @Smurfette, @Mr5yy, @Viviane, @Ravenwing, @PhantomPhoenixFrost, @Ginger, @Timidity, @Alec

Hey yā€™all! So assignments for Septemberā€™s mailout is in about two weeks. Let me know if youā€™d like to be a part of the next monthā€™s mailout?

ALSO - if you havenā€™t heard from your pen pal or are having other issues, please send me a PM. I want to make sure that everyone who sends a letter gets a letter. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Iā€™m in!

7 Likes

Count me in!

6 Likes

Iā€™m in!

5 Likes