Meta: The Search For Magiq Super Topic

So this spell protecting us is basically what’s left of Ascender protecting us and if we destroy the spell we’ll be killing the last part of Ascender… :grimacing:

9 Likes

I think we found what was left and now have it for posterity. :grimacing: :grimacing:

14 Likes

Reading this thread is making me cry all over again :sob:

Ascender was such a complicated character and like I def tend more towards the camp of “Hey dude leaving us that one time a few years back really wasn’t cool”

But the way he went reminded me so much of Augie…
When we have a moment we should hold a funeral for him, the way we did for Itsuki a few years back. He was the first of our lodge, after all.

16 Likes

coolcoolcool i’m gonna cry in the office now

15 Likes

Man, I got here just in time to lose Ascender… I binged all of The Monarch Papers and the forums (btw, I wish there was a way to sort forum topics by date began, not date updated, it makes it hard to keep a basic timeline going if stuff rockets to the top from a comment saying basically “wow, I forgot how wild this was” five weeks after the event ended) and then I got to Search for Magiq and… I’m going to be at the funeral.

15 Likes

If no one joins me here in losing their minds over Eaves’ pupper and its name, I’m quitting the Magiqverse, fyi.

19 Likes

I nearly yelled out “FORTH EORLINGAS!” at my desk when I read that this morning.

17 Likes

Unfortunately I haven’t been patient enough with the books to understand the reference :sweat: I’ve been leaning more and more towards watching the movies though. I’m usually strictly a “Book first and then the movie” person, but I’ve started the books so many times and I do want to know what’s going on, so I might have to just suck it up and watch them.

11 Likes

@CJB My feels are already sore, thanks. Theo is the BEST PUPPER IN THE WHOLE WORLD. And I am CRYING at the idea of anything going wrong for him… At least he’s not named Theodred…

14 Likes

In this case, the movies are an adequate substitute if you can’t get through JRRT’s prose style.

12 Likes

And I know some people who could finally get through the books after seeing the movies. Made it more digestible, maybe?

15 Likes

Agreeing with @CJB, the movies can be good touchstones when reading LotR for the first time. There is a lot going on in those books, and Tolkien’s style is purposefully un-modern.
I also shamelessly offer myself as a Middle-earth tour guide for all question needs. :nerd_face:

14 Likes

Sel, if it makes you feel any better I’ve technically been reading it for 5 years and still haven’t gotten the fellowship out of Rivendell. :ascendershrug: I just can’t read it cause I know I’m gonna have all the feels and know the ending. TMP is literally the only book I’ve read that I already knew the ending.

But yes, I was having all the feels and like :deirdreexcited: when I read Theoden!

11 Likes

That good boi :sob::sob::sob:

11 Likes

Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth, Eorlingas!

15 Likes

Also I swear to thorn that if anything happens to that pupper I’ll take on the silver myself!

11 Likes

I’ll come with you. Full dog mom rage.

13 Likes

P.S. Your actions and involvement over the next six weeks will have deep and lasting effects on the lives of those leaving the sanctuary. :cjtea: :cjheart:

22 Likes

The Sanctuary will remember this

14 Likes

coolcoolcoolcoolcool no pressure no pressure no pressure

12 Likes